Adequate Saws vs Fun Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SVK, i'm not sure what started the tennis elbow, snowmobiling does not help it i know that. I don't cut with a saw much at all compared to most firewood guys (the firewood processor helps with that). I'm only young yet (almost 40)... i fear the tennis elbow has progressed to tendinitis as it's worse this year than its ever been. ahh, the joys of aging.
Now, to fire up the Husky 353. almost a fun saw :)
Mine was real bad from age 34-35. Better now that I’m 40

Mine was real bad from age 34-35. Better now that I’m 40
I think every active person deals with a form of repetitive strain injury . It seems to be more prevalent between the age 30 through 40 . Tendons and legiments are much like guitar strings transmitting small vibration or harmonics between arms , legs , knees , wrist etc . Where these tie to muscle or bone is were inflammation will occur due to repetitive motion . I have found that orthopedic appliances can reduce these flare ups gloves , braces help as does ice & heat diy treatments when required . In severe cases anti-inflammatory meds may be required or ultrasound therapy . Work smart not hard helps also ! ;)

I think every active person deals with a form of repetitive strain injury . It seems to be more prevalent between the age 30 through 40 . Tendons and legiments are much like guitar strings transmitting small vibration or harmonics between arms , legs , knees , wrist etc . Where these tie to muscle or bone is were inflammation will occur due to repetitive motion . I have found that orthopedic appliances can reduce these flare ups gloves , braces help as does ice & heat diy treatments when required . In severe cases anti-inflammatory meds may be required or ultrasound therapy . Work smart not hard helps also ! ;)
Plus I was more or less out of shape from freshmen year of college to that point!

Back