• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

ADHD or PAID

Capitalist

Capitalist

Addicted to ArboristSite
Where are the parents in all of this? Schools can't and never could correct the issues being presented. The teachers are being used as scapegoats. If your kids have problems then spend several hours a day with them. If you don't have the time to be the parent that they need don't take the easy way out by blaming others. If you have issues of your own you will teach them to your kids. Blame big pharma, doctors, schools, teachers, etc., just avoid looking in the mirror.
Everything this girl learns she learns at home from us going over homework with her for hours. She still doesn't take to it and never will be good at academics.

Its not the teachers fault. It is the entire system. The only bad teacher she had was in the second grade. That teacher was let go after one year because a few parents pulled their kids out of school and homeschooled them the rest complained to no end.
She gave no progress reports, sent home no cirriculum, and was hounded for it all year.

She was just a body in a classroom.

Bad teachers like that don't last anywhere.

svk

Saw Hoarder
As mentioned, all of the **** in GMO food and artificial flavorings and sweeteners exacerbates the problems.

My cousin was hyperactive as a kid. Like absolutely couldn't stay still if he was bolted down. They finally figured out his trigger was the orange food coloring put in orange soda, hi-c, etc. Guess which soda was his favorite? LOL But he was never diagnosed because my aunt was a staunch catholic who took it upon herself to try and manage him. He was an example where he did have a genuine problem and could have benefited from help.

He had two boys and one of them is just like him, or maybe worse. My aunt told his wife just deal with it. His wife finally did get some help for the kid so he could calm down a bit. The funny thing is the other son was one of the calmest children I have ever seen.

Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
Don't give up on a kid and their education. I just about flunked out of school a few times. I had to go to Jr College during H.S. just to get enough credits to graduate. Ten years of college and a Certificate in Systems Engineering from Cal Tech later, I'm a Sr Engineering Program Manager. Some kids just figure it out later.

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
I want to know what's IN GMO foods that could be a problem. Given we've been eating it for 1000+ years, I want to know what is so bad about it. Artificial coloring for sure, I get it that's no good.

Capitalist

Capitalist

Addicted to ArboristSite
I want to know what's IN GMO foods that could be a problem. Given we've been eating it for 1000+ years, I want to know what is so bad about it. Artificial coloring for sure, I get it that's no good.
GMO foods are chock full of propoganda of hippies.

92utownxh

92utownxh

ArboristSite Operative
I know if I had to go back to school now there is no way I'd be able to sit still for the whole day. How in the world do they expect kids to do it? The whole school model is broken. Kids need to be kids!! When I was in kindergarten we went for 3 hours, ran around the room pushing trucks, building with blocks, drew pictures, and learns some letters and numbers. Now they go for 6 hours and 45 minutes, sit at a desk all day, and are expected to know how to read by the end. That's not right!!

Food definitely do made a huge difference as well. We don't eat much processed food at all. We watch our niece several nights a week. She hates our real food, but her grandma always knows when she's been at our house for a couple days. She can sit still at dinner, she listens, and does much better at school. All because of the real food and good sleep. The difference is crazy noticeable!

Things are definitely all about profit for drug companies, folks are bought out. Things are a mess.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
If the child has started meds, dexmethylphenadate, methphenidate, amphetamine salts ,etc., do not just stop the medication. Consult a doctor about weening the child off and what to look for in terms of physical health effects and psychological effects.

If the child has just started taking the med there will be a level of adjustment over time while dosage is stabilized. Behavior can and will be “different”. This can take along time as most people do not take medications correctly or bother following up regularly with detailed notes.

Dosages are based on various factors such as weight, age, activities, diet, sleep, etc., if these criteria change the dosage may need to as well.

If you feel as though the child is being medicated incorrectly, explain to the prescribing physician why and ether have the prescription withdrawn with doctors notes or seek a second opinion.

Be extremely vigilant of the child being dehydrated, especially if the child is taking meds. Water, just water. Dehydration can make the side effects of meds much worse, cause additional issues beyond the meds normal effects.

Dehydration can make concentrating difficult.

Misdiagnosed illness and incorrectly applied medications are common.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Don't give up on a kid and their education. I just about flunked out of school a few times. I had to go to Jr College during H.S. just to get enough credits to graduate. Ten years of college and a Certificate in Systems Engineering from Cal Tech later, I'm a Sr Engineering Program Manager. Some kids just figure it out later.
This is wisdom.

Capitalist

Capitalist

Addicted to ArboristSite
There is no giving up in us.
I will break away from the normal to realize her potential though.