Adjusting 026 carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountainman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm a little rusty, but I have no problem adjusting a carburetor. That is, as long as I can keep the screwdriver in place without interference from the plastic that surrounds the openings. In terms of carb adjustment, I have found this 026 to be downright hateful. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? The beveled screw slots make it hard enough to keep a screwdriver in place, but the ports in the plastic do not leave nearly enough room for me to do any good. Does anyone else see this as a problem? The only solution I can see is to delete the thin line of plastic that separates the two screw ports, then open up the outsides left and right a bit more. I tried using the small Stihl screwdriver, but had a hard time with that as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a little rusty, but I have no problem adjusting a carburetor. That is, as long as I can keep the screwdriver in place without interference from the plastic that surrounds the openings. In terms of carb adjustment, I have found this 026 to be downright hateful. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? The beveled screw slots make it hard enough to keep a screwdriver in place, but the ports in the plastic do not leave nearly enough room for me to do any good. Does anyone else see this as a problem? The only solution I can see is to delete the thin line of plastic that separates the two screw ports, then open up the outsides left and right a bit more. I tried using the small Stihl screwdriver, but had a hard time with that as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
I adjusted mine but dropped by my Stihl guy to have him check it with his tach. He said the 026 was one of the worst to tune.

Back