ADJUSTING CARB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jvaz210

Reaction score
hey guys i was messing with the tuning on the chainsaw today and i got it to start and stay on but it kinda sounds rough when it idles the chain dont spin thats good but when its idling it sounds like it wants to cut off but it doesnt for awhile if i push the prime bulb alil and it stays on for awhile..soo i have them set at L-1 3/4 H-2 1/2 AND T-2 WHAT SHOULD I ADJUST FOR IT TO STAY RUNNING POULAN CHAINSAW 50CC

There are good videos on the subject. Lots of carb tuning threads on here. You may have to turn the idle up a bit to keep it running while you adjust the low. I turn the low in until it starts to slow down making a mental note of that position then turn it out until it starts to slow down again. The sweet spot is somewhere in the middle. I put mine to where it has the best throttle response. Adjust the high to 4 stroking at wot and cleans up as soon as it hits wood. I'm an amateur but that's how I do it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

There are good videos on the subject. Lots of carb tuning threads on here. You may have to turn the idle up a bit to keep it running while you adjust the low. I turn the low in until it starts to slow down making a mental note of that position then turn it out until it starts to slow down again. The sweet spot is somewhere in the middle. I put mine to where it has the best throttle response. Adjust the high to 4 stroking at wot and cleans up as soon as it hits wood. I'm an amateur but that's how I do it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
That is pretty much the same as I do it.
The service guy at my Husky Dealer said you set the ( H ). to a certain RPM. And you need a Tach to do it.
I don’t have a Tach, So I read a few articles on the web and watched a few videos.
I tend to want to stay closer to the rich side than the lean side.

That is pretty much the same as I do it.
The service guy at my Husky Dealer said you set the ( H ). to a certain RPM. And you need a Tach to do it.
I don’t have a Tach, So I read a few articles on the web and watched a few videos.
I tend to want to stay closer to the rich side than the lean side.
Does it have the factory settings stamped on the carb box? I always go to the factory setting and if minor tweaks wont work it needs to be looked at.

Back