Advancing ignition timing on a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm new here, what a wonderful place with such knowledgeable folks. Now I wanted to play with timing & wanted to know where Frank purchases the 'SPARE KEYS WTF' can you get me a part number for the spare forkin keys pls? You have done this before haven't you? Which bit do you retard, do you start retarded, or finish retarded or just be a little tarded while your offering advice on the spare key.

You win the internets for today sir...

Hi I'm new here, what a wonderful place with such knowledgeable folks. Now I wanted to play with timing & wanted to know where Frank purchases the 'SPARE KEYS WTF' can you get me a part number for the spare forkin keys pls? You have done this before haven't you? Which bit do you retard, do you start retarded, or finish retarded or just be a little tarded while your offering advice on the spare key.
Oh boy ! The drongos are out in full force tonite ! Probably tipping a few fosters !

Hi I'm new here, what a wonderful place with such knowledgeable folks. Now I wanted to play with timing & wanted to know where Frank purchases the 'SPARE KEYS WTF' can you get me a part number for the spare forkin keys pls? You have done this before haven't you? Which bit do you retard, do you start retarded, or finish retarded or just be a little tarded while your offering advice on you the spare key.
she cuts eh? That’s with stock timing ... oh well jafa strikes again ! BS or RE could educate you on all aspects of “tard-ation”as their knowledge and skills in the ways of tardism far surpasses my own ... all kidding aside you can get extra “keys” from your dealer !!!

Just don’t go full retard, never go full retard!;):rolleyes:

078B9A82-8258-4C14-BEFA-74A9C5FDF470.gif
I have yet to see someone advance ignition timing, then show before and after pics of pre detonation damage on a piston.
I've over advanced saws and never witnessed anything like that.

I guess if you tell people it's dangerous to advance the ignition then fewer will build stronger saws.
Yah , and NONE will blow up their saw ... Once Saw is built and paid for the customer/ client can do as they please ...

Dont worry about it, fabz “timing” is a few degrees retarded...

Oh boy ! The drongos are out in full force tonite ! Probably tipping a few fosters !

Actually, Aussies don't drink much Fosters. That's what we think they drink because we've watched too many Outback commercials. Learned this on my first trip to Oz -- I walked up to the bar and ordered a Fosters and the bartender looked at me like a pig looking at a wristwatch. From then on, it was either Victoria Bitters (VB) or Castlemaine XXXX (4X).

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Actually, Aussies don't drink much Fosters. That's what we think they drink because we've watched too many Outback commercials. Learned this on my first trip to Oz -- I walked up to the bar and ordered a Fosters and the bartender looked at me like a pig looking at a wristwatch. From then on, it was either Victoria Bitters (VB) or Castlemaine XXXX (4X).

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
You sir are correct ... I was just poking fun at CR 888 - no self-respecting Aussie wood be caught dead drinking Fosters ... it’s like a guy from the USA drinking Schmidt’s or Red and white

Latest posts

Back