Aerial America series

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustTom

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
One of the things I enjoy about this forum is the photos of the wide range of locales and terrain I get to see and hear about. I can recall seeing pics from the jungle to the outback to the plains of the midwest just in the past few weeks. I love seeing them and am fascinated when I see so much "flat" because it's so much different to what I'm used to.

One of my favorite apps on my tablet is a freebie from the Smithsonian. They currently have a series called aerial america where they give history of different US states solely using aerial footage. They are currently featuring my state of West Virginia. The history is a bit on the fluffy side, but the footage captured a lot of why I love where I live. You can also see why we never run out of firewood.

I love trees and hills, hollers, and mountains, and this video was eye candy for me. Check out the video called Aerial America:West Virginia on the app to get a peek at my home, and I look forward to seeing others as they air.

Back