Affordable Software

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so
In the current version of Quick Books you can set up as many accesses as you want. The system works by allowing the QB website to hold data and the program in their possession until you decide you no longer want to use it. You pay a monthly fee to maintain it. The older systems allows you to have the entire program in your possession, but some features are not as up to date. I have heard that there are some great programs that could meet every ones needs. Several AS people have made recommendations. Thanks

Thank you so much for the input. Appreciate it!

I just had a demo with ArboStar. I must say it's like there tag line, everything under one roof!
You can create-send estimate on-site, you can attach photos, schedule work, payroll- a lot of things the usual tree company does is there already!
You guys have to check it out!

They specifically cater to tree care businesses!

it really depends. they will ask you what you're looking for and they will put together an estimate for you.
I strongly agree for you to get schedule a demo

Thanks...that is helpful. Probably a little more than I can justify for a 1 crew operation at this time.

Understood, you may contact them just so you can get a much accurate quote. Their customer service is great based on my experience.

I just switched to ArborApp.org's SMS PRO from JOBBER.com. SMS does everything we need including invoicing and it's dirt cheap compared to everything else I researched. Jobber is great software but ended up being too expensive for my size company and I didn't use most of the Jobber features. We are only a 1 crew operation. There are tons of options out there, do some research before deciding. Good luck!

I just switched to ArborApp.org's SMS PRO from JOBBER.com. SMS does everything we need including invoicing and it's dirt cheap compared to everything else I researched. Jobber is great software but ended up being too expensive for my size company and I didn't use most of the Jobber features. We are only a 1 crew operation. There are tons of options out there, do some research before deciding. Good luck!

How much are you paying for them now?

I thought to post an update regarding my experience with Arbostar.
It has been great by far, we used it for admin, payroll, accounting and creating and sending estimates.
It's true that everything is all in one system. We ended our subscription with Zoho Books and Zoho subscription since the accounting side of Arbostar handles it all.
Customer service has been great with us too since they will answer your questions immediately.

I'm back to looking at options. Would like to finalize something this winter.

Did a demo with ArboStar yesterday. Minimum pricing is $250 per month. Not sure I see where it is worth 5x Treezi or Jobber.

I'm back to looking at options. Would like to finalize something this winter.

Did a demo with ArboStar yesterday. Minimum pricing is $250 per month. Not sure I see where it is worth 5x Treezi or Jobber.
How was it?

I did an online demo with an ArborStar rep. Seems like it does some good things, but I can't justify the price. For a company with 4-5 crews, I can see it being a better option.

I also did a free trial of Treezi. Was thinking that would be the one...however, one of the things they say makes their stuff better is the inventory capabilities built into the software. The thing that was a deal breaker for me is that their inventory is set up to put in diameter ranges, not actual diameters. That seems like a weak option. Knowing actual diameters is important for 2 reasons:
1) A lot of treatments we do are based on diameter. So, I need to know that the tree is 13 inches DBH, not 12-16". It makes a difference in ordering chemical and in invoicing clients.
2) Diameter growth can be a good indicator of tree health. So the 12-16" tree...was that 12" 2 years ago and 16" now? Or was it 12.2" in 2018 and 12.3" this year?

I did an online demo with an ArborStar rep. Seems like it does some good things, but I can't justify the price. For a company with 4-5 crews, I can see it being a better option.

I also did a free trial of Treezi. Was thinking that would be the one...however, one of the things they say makes their stuff better is the inventory capabilities built into the software. The thing that was a deal breaker for me is that their inventory is set up to put in diameter ranges, not actual diameters. That seems like a weak option. Knowing actual diameters is important for 2 reasons:
1) A lot of treatments we do are based on diameter. So, I need to know that the tree is 13 inches DBH, not 12-16". It makes a difference in ordering chemical and in invoicing clients.
2) Diameter growth can be a good indicator of tree health. So the 12-16" tree...was that 12" 2 years ago and 16" now? Or was it 12.2" in 2018 and 12.3" this year?
you need to keep an eye open for dsicounts on arbostar
they had a pretty sweet black friday deal with 50% off

I wanted to share my experience with ArboStar. I have a small company- 2 crews. Well one and a half, anyway, I had a demo with ArboStar few weeks ago. I liked it but the price was a bit steep- $250 per month. It had 2 office and 3 field users included in the price. I was able to negotiate it down a bit and signed up. They offered me a two months full money back guarantee so I though it's pretty safe. Implementation took sometime. They actually designed nice looking templates for my estimates and so on. The training was one on one with screen sharing which was nice. Also they didn't charge anything extra for design work, data import from Quick books and training. Anyways, I've been using it for about a month now and so far pretty happy. I really like a tree inventory feature, simple but versatile. Estimated calculator is pretty cool. I haven't seen something like that in any other software and app. I think the app is my favorite part. It's really fast, allows me to do lots and has an offline mode for estimate creating and so on. I'm still pretty new to ArboStar and still learning but so far I'm pretty impressed. So yeah I suggest everyone to give it a shot. The demo is about an hour and they show most of the features on it.

Back