Aftermarket clutches good or bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmarciano19

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need a new clutch for my husqvarna 61. Should i stay away from those chesp aftermarket kit.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

The "new" 3 shoe AM clutch for a Husky 55 REALLY SUCKS. You just slightly tug on shoe and spring goes BONG.

just noticed my needle bearing is almost stuck in the drum. it moves freely when on the crank, however there is more play than i think there should be.

If there was any doubt about the bearing I would replace it. They don't cost very much and it's good insurance. In case you have never put the shoes on one of those clutches I'll tell you the easiest way I've found to do it. Put two of the shoes on and put the clutch in a vice. Connect the spring together and put it on the two shoes. Lay the last shoe on top of the clutch and lay the spring in the grove. Now just pull the shoe that's on top until you can slide it on the clutch, make sure where the spring connects is between two of the shoes and not in the grove.

If there was any doubt about the bearing I would replace it. They don't cost very much and it's good insurance. In case you have never put the shoes on one of those clutches I'll tell you the easiest way I've found to do it. Put two of the shoes on and put the clutch in a vice. Connect the spring together and put it on the two shoes. Lay the last shoe on top of the clutch and lay the spring in the grove. Now just pull the shoe that's on top until you can slide it on the clutch, make sure where the spring connects is between two of the shoes and not in the grove.
Got a new bearing on the way. Any idea on how to get the old one out.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Back