ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Air fryers

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Bought a small (2 quart) one on 'Black Friday' (no pun intended) just to play with. I like it for frozen foods, vegetables, etc. Small size is great for just me. A bit small for a whole family.

Philbert

Cody

ArboristSite Guru
I don't know what we have, or how she does it, but drumsticks cooked in these are amazing. Only done them twice now but they're really good. We even tried a couple steaks in them and I was pleasantly surprised. Tried pork chops once, didn't turn out great but I think they were just cooked too long. It'll never beat meat on the grill, but when there's a blizzard or raining, it's a nice alternative.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
I actually also bought a larger one on Black Friday, that had a front door, rotisserie, shelves, etc. I could see where it would be good for some folks (actually watched an entire informercial on a similar model), but I liked the small, convenient one for my use: other one went on CL and paid for half of the one I kept!

It's cheaply made, and might not last too long, but I have had fun with it. use the microwave less.

Philbert

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Jokes aside, I have heard about these yokes. I take it food doesnt get as greasy in them?
Let's face it: grease tastes good! That's why folks like bacon, french fries, cheese burgers, pizza, etc. These let you get a similar taste with less oil / grease (and less mess) than deep frying.

Plain vegetables heated in these taste bleh! I have experimented with light coatings of different oils (olive, corn, canola, safflower, sesame, etc.) and got very different results. Different flavors of 'PAM' style spray oils work good. Fun to play with different seasonings, etc. Great for heating any type of frozen, breaded foods from the supermarket (fish, chicken, french fries, etc.) as well as your own. I have breaded chicken breast strips, made potato pancakes, etc. But convenience foods rule!

Philbert

Jkstihl

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Let's face it: grease tastes good! That's why folks like bacon, french fries, cheese burgers, pizza, etc. These let you get a similar taste with less oil / grease (and less mess) than deep frying.

Plain vegetables heated in these taste bleh! I have experimented with light coatings of different oils (olive, corn, canola, safflower, sesame, etc.) and got very different results. Different flavors of 'PAM' style spray oils work good. Fun to play with different seasonings, etc. Great for heating any type of frozen, breaded foods from the supermarket (fish, chicken, french fries, etc.) as well as your own. I have breaded chicken breast strips, made potato pancakes, etc. But convenience foods rule!

Philbert

Exactly