ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Air fryers

Ol' Brian

Ol' Brian

ArboristSite Guru
OK, y'all inspired me. I dug out the air fryer, got it cleaned up, and right now I've got some frozen crinkle cut fries in it... Sprayed 'em down with some oil out of wifey's little pump up oil sprayer (so it's probably olive oil) and in the air fryer @ 400° for 18 minutes or so...

We'll see....

Attachments

• DSCN0944[1].JPG
    DSCN0944[1].JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
The microwave or the house?

Philbert
Luckily, just the microwave.
I wanted to just defrost a couple of ravioli, which was a bad idea to begin with since there was nearly no moisture in them, set it for what I thought was 10 seconds, but was probably 10 minutes, and left the room.
Smoke alarms went off, when I walked towards the kitchen, I couldn't see the kitchen for all the smoke.
I had no idea what it could have been, since there was no fire, thought it might be electrical in the wall, and called 911.
By the time I opened all the windows and let out all the critters, I realized what might be the cause... when I opened the microwave, this is what I found

RavioliBurned042518.JPG

No more microwave for me! I'm assuming it did catch fire and burn, but the small sealed space contained it and it burned itself out when it ran out of oxygen.
I've gotten along just fine without it... and have A LOT more counter space.

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
Luckily, just the microwave.
I wanted to just defrost a couple of ravioli, which was a bad idea to begin with since there was nearly no moisture in them, set it for what I thought was 10 seconds, but was probably 10 minutes, and left the room.
Smoke alarms went off, when I walked towards the kitchen, I couldn't see the kitchen for all the smoke.
I had no idea what it could have been, since there was no fire, thought it might be electrical in the wall, and called 911.
By the time I opened all the windows and let out all the critters, I realized what might be the cause... when I opened the microwave, this is what I found

View attachment 878549

No more microwave for me! I'm assuming it did catch fire and burn, but the small sealed space contained it and it burned itself out when it ran out of oxygen.
I've gotten along just fine without it... and have A LOT more counter space.
They has to be some way you can blame this on shortimer...

svk

Saw Hoarder
Glad to see you had better results. Also, cook times will vary depending on how much food you put in and whether or not the air fryer was already hot.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
We got a toaster oven that air fries. I like it much better than the older pot type we’ve been using
How do you clean yours? That was the big problem with one like that I tried.

‘Bucket’ and screen from mine can go in the dishwasher, although, I usually just hand wash, since it is pretty easy.

Thanks.

Philbert

Reactions: svk

svk

Saw Hoarder
Seems like the instructions for all of them give cooking times about 1/3 too long. We got a toaster oven that air fries. I like it much better than the older pot type we’ve been using.
Just guessing, attorneys probably had a hand in that to ensure people weren’t eating undercooked meat. You know, because some people aren’t smart enough to not eat something that is raw inside.

stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
We've had a Secura 4qt air fryer for 3 yrs.It cooks anything that's frozen faster and better than baking. It makes the best hotdogs that snap in 5 or 7 mins. depending on the size. I'm surprised that nobody has posted anything about chicken wings, air fryers makes the best chicken wings/drumettes in about 24 mins.I put the chicken in a bowl and season them well w BBQ rubs, stirring them to get the rub all over them.Plowboys Yardbird rub is my favorite.I cover the bowl w plastic wrap and hold in the fridge for 4 to 8 hrs.Set the temp to 360 and fry them for 12 mins. then turn them and fry them another 12/14 mins. 20210108_214456.jpg
You cant see but the chickin is boiling under the skin

20210108_215002.jpg

chicken thighs are good too, about 30/40 mins.

stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
The screws from the bowl to the basket and the handle are pot metal and rust quick.I got some stainless ones @ home depot and fixed that.After frying the wings let the basket/pot cool off and wipe the grease out of the pot and the basket w paper towels.Then put the basket back in the pot, add hot water and dish soap and let them sit a while. Scrub them w a sponge and wash the soap out and it's done, takes about 2 minutes to clean them minus the soak.

svk

Saw Hoarder
If we are going to be using it soon I’ll just rinse out with very hot water to wash away crumbs and oil. If it’s going to be stored then I’ll wash with dawn and water.

svk

Saw Hoarder
I leave my cast iron baking dish in the cooker to cool off then my wife finds it. She has threatened to throw it in the lake lol.