Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck of a deal like all they have sold as 40% off is a good deal in my book. Some people want their cake and to eat it too. I can't see why anybody would whine over these saws and most want, but you always have somebody.

One of the 2250s I purchased was obviously used, grit up in the clutch cover etc. The two I bought from past experience are definitively refurbished, I didn't even bother to start it or put the bar on it. They're not new and they're going back. You make it sound like it's a great deal but a refurbished saw is always a heavily discounted saw compared to a new/never used saw. As far as refurbs go it's an average/to good deal for a refurbished saw.

Most reasonable people want what they pay for, what is advertised, not the "bait and switch". If that is your interpretation of "want their cake and to eat it too" then I'm definitely one of those people. I want what was advertised period this is a matter of principle nothing more, they advertised a new unused saw you should receive a new unused saw period. Multiple AS members have called Husqvarna direct and spoke to local dealers they all state the same thing these are refurbished but you keep blindingly believing the seller who sold you these refurbs.

I understand, some people hate to admit they got screwed, taken advantage of, and will say anything to justify their purchase. Enjoy your refurbished saw and when you see that nice melted R on the bottom off tank don't think Refurbished but rather think RIPPED OFF

take care

Heck of a deal like all they have sold as 40% off is a good deal in my book. Some people want their cake and to eat it too. I can't see why anybody would whine over these saws and most want, but you always have somebody.

One of the 2250s I purchased was obviously used, grit up in the clutch cover etc. The two I bought from past experience are definitively refurbished, I didn't even bother to start it or put the bar on it. They're not new and they're going back. You make it sound like it's a great deal but a refurbished saw is always a heavily discounted saw compared to a new/never used saw. As far as refurbs go it's an average/to good deal for a refurbished saw.

Most reasonable people want what they pay for, what is advertised, not the "bait and switch". If that is your interpretation of "want their cake and to eat it too" then I'm definitely one of those people. I want what was advertised period this is a matter of principle nothing more, they advertised a new unused saw you should receive a new unused saw period. Multiple AS members have called Husqvarna direct and spoke to local dealers they all state the same thing these are refurbished but you keep blindingly believing the seller who sold you these refurbs.

I understand, some people hate to admit they got screwed, taken advantage of, and will say anything to justify their purchase. Enjoy your refurbished saw and when you see that nice melted R on the bottom off tank don't think Refurbished but rather think RIPPED OFF

take care

take care
Did you return any of the 2166?

This reminds me of Clark W. Griswold ordering the Super Sleek Sport Wagon and receiving the Family Truckster. Ebay seller is the car salesman.

I bought a deck belt from this seller. "OEM Craftsman". Costs $9. I thought "Total BS, it's AM cuz OEM was $30 everywhere". But it was as cheap as any other AM with super fast shipping. So, I learned to cast a jaundiced eye on this seller.

You buy a saw and it's not what the seller says it is, so you send it back for a full refund. You get your money back and the seller ends up having to pay the shipping both ways, so they pay a price for their deception. When I purchase the first 2166 I thought it might be some kind of scam but ordered one anyway, knowing that I'd get my money back if it was. As it turned out, it was. I feel like the seller deceived me but I also feel like I got a great deal and I 'm very happy with my purchase. I don't feel screwed or ripped off, just deceived and I can live with that. It would be hard to find a used one cheaper than the price I paid.

This reminds me of Clark W. Griswold ordering the Super Sleek Sport Wagon and receiving the Family Truckster. Ebay seller is the car salesman.

I bought a deck belt from this seller. "OEM Craftsman". Costs $9. I thought "Total BS, it's AM cuz OEM was $30 everywhere". But it was as cheap as any other AM with super fast shipping. So, I learned to cast a jaundiced eye on this seller.
That’s hilarious

Don’t like/want it? Send it back for a refund. Pretty simple.

Quitcherbitchin’

No quit ******** ? Wait what the hell would chipper1 and his rearview buddy do if they could not keep ******** ? Notice how the two girly men are always pointing their fingers and accusing .
Fact 1 both bought 2166’s very early and never complained UNTIL the ******** started and of course their sorry asses started complaining and pointing wah wah wah! Why doesn’t someone help them wah wah wah. Next they get joined by more complainers but the obvious choice was to shut up and send the saws back BUT NO because all the whiners knew the saws would be bought up quickly and they did not want someone else to get a bargain .
Just like one of the smarter guys said GO BUY A USED PIECE OF JUNK for $350.,, chipper1 can fix you up I am sure he has plenty of used crap [emoji90] to sell .. lol
Fact 2 ... for anyone interested to know ... whenever you see someone constantly posting on a forum ( 25000) post just think .... people are getting paid to post!!! Business pay for the advertisements on how much traffic ... what better way to draw traffic but to have the constant chatter going and making nothing from nothing ???????? Averaging .08 per post .. someone that has say 25,000 post even though many think they are worthless BUT ACTUALLY WORTH $2,000.00
https://workfromhomehappiness.com/get-paid-to-post-on-forums/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No quit ******** ? Wait what the hell would chipper1 and his rearview buddy do if they could not keep ******** ? Notice how the two girly men are always pointing their fingers and accusing .
Fact 1 both bought 2166’s very early and never complained UNTIL the ******** started and of course their sorry asses started complaining and pointing wah wah wah! Why doesn’t someone help them wah wah wah. Next they get joined by more complainers but the obvious choice was to shut up and send the saws back BUT NO because all the whiners knew the saws would be bought up quickly and they did not want someone else to get a bargain .
Just like one of the smarter guys said GO BUY A USED PIECE OF JUNK for $350.,, chipper1 can fix you up I am sure he has plenty of used crap [emoji90] to sell .. lol
Fact 2 ... for anyone interested to know ... whenever you see someone constantly posting on a forum ( 25000) post just think .... people are getting paid to post!!! Business pay for the advertisements on how much traffic ... what better way to draw traffic but to have the constant chatter going and making nothing from nothing ???????? Averaging .08 per post .. someone that has say 25,000 post even though many think they are worthless BUT ACTUALLY WORTH $2,000.00

You are a special kind of bent out of shape phucked up, ain't ya?
Some sort of twisted and largely impotent attempt at censorship via bullying targeting.

55f400cbece1b1d2c0614f23dced5e8c4b3de488163b4f9ebdf33551b2523103.jpg

52420007.jpg

Big difference when someone sells a nicely rebuilt pro saw for $350 as used and someone selling a used rebuilt $5-600 saw as new. Are you the person selling rebuilt (refurbished) saws as new? Myself, would not have a problem buying a factor refurbished saw if it was stated at time of sale.

Pretty sure you have no idea what your saying and your also hoping people will read what you say and not the whole thread so they don't see the truth is the opposite of what you say.
You did get one thing right, I was one of the guys who bought these saws right after they listed them :D. I've been collecting a good amount of jred bars since they dropped the line just as I bought a bunch of 7910's when they stopped making them :numberone:.
Where is it that I was complaining about the saws I received, rather I guided those who had complaints to talk with the seller and see what they could work out. But I see what your saying, you were the cautious one who said you wouldn't even buy from someone who has bad feedback because you have 100% feedback on ebay n selling "mint saws" that were nowhere near mint and wouldn't sell on here, then get upset when you buy a dolmar 6000 on opeforum that wasn't mint but was called mint then try to blame me, oh the irony:laughing:. What's even better is I have to so many people who have complained about my prices being to high that they could go buy one that's a hundred cheaper but in way worse condition, but I had mine priced where I thought it was a good value for what I was selling, it seems your wanting to say I'm like you selling lies and your like me selling great saws :laugh:, I'm sure theres one or two here who can see through the crap :yes:.
@Darin I'm getting upset where's my check for all these posts :envy:, I've been working hard and I expect to get paid, @BVdog is getting paid, he said it's fact that I'm getting paid, why aren't I. I demand my pay or I'm leaving :lol:.

Are we certain the burned R stands for refurbished?

It makes sense however after close inspection theses saws don't look refurbised.

I have not pulled the muffler or inspected the internals.

Could the R stand for RED IN JONSERED? Maybe Retailer ? Idfk

I would bet they are cosmetic rejects hence the "R" this is cmmon in manufacturing to mark cosmetic rejects (all is new, no operational issues, just cosmetic problems) such as casting is slightly of, or a mold allowed pitting that shows through the paint etc. could be anything, but my bet is on cosmetic rejects.

I wanted to post my experience with my recent order of four of these 2166's. I received them yesterday, and all saws had issues, some worse than others:

Saw 1) 2016 manufacture date. The magnesium crankcase is cracked. As pictured the crack between the starter housing bolt and the AV mount. This runs all the way through. Not fixable.

Saw 2) 2016 manufacture date. The rear trigger handle assemble is split in two and the plastic is actually fractured and the pin joining the two halves is missing. Fixable but not acceptable.

Saw 3) 2016 manufacture date. This saw appears used, having multiple scuffs, scrapes, dings and wear marks. Pictures show the handle, muffler, among other areas. Pictures 3 & 4.

Saw 4) 2013 manufacture date. This saw exhibits significant magnesium corrosion. This is present in multiple areas of the crankcase. Paint is chipped and missing where the muffler bolts to the oil tank, and there is corrosion here as well. Picture 5.

Have filed a formal return request through eBay and awaiting response from seller.

Attachments

• IMG_6835.JPG
    IMG_6835.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    388.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6837.JPG
    IMG_6837.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6838.JPG
    IMG_6838.JPG