Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that Mike, I was bummed I didn't snag one of these, not so sure now
I was super excited too, already ordered a XPW kit and a 71 top cover to make a mint 2175 and I get this 6 year old saw that the fuel tank don’t match and the other stuff

Just got home to check and both of the 2255s I got are clearly not new, not in oem packaging and R melted into bottom. So to answer your question @chipper1 Yes, he did lie, it's obvious these are refurbished saws.
5cffb42e44b4210e1b70eb4bf38d6232.jpg
44abbfe597fe2baf194593a00a975c6f.jpg
161fd995796a1efdab4fd61f419661bf.jpg
243c13964b9fc709096e0ce3806a4aa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
So you know that the "person" selling these saws wrote or approved of the listing, and they saw the r on the bottom of them or new that they were refurbished? I'm pretty sure this is a large company(not an individual) and I would guess there are people doing many different things throughout a large warehouse.
My point is that yes they were advertised as new, I get that, but I wouldn't say "he did lie" unless you were lied to by someone specifically.
Just as I said to the OP, contact the seller, I see no reason why they wouldn't allow you to return them. The women I spoke to there were very responsive to my call/and called back promptly with more info and were quick to earn more of my business.

My saw had most of the issues described above, rust, corrosion, some scratches on the bottom of the saw, including a small rip in the handle rubber.
I contacted the seller who responded fairly quickly.

I agree with the above post, and regardless this is a very good deal (for saws that are not actually damaged), even if the listing is not entirely correct. But the seller should be willing to rectify any issues (within reasonable limits) which it seems they are doing. They should also change the listing, but I doubt they will do that.

So to that end, Caveat Emptor, we have more information here, and thus those who have not purchased can make wiser decisions.
In my case, I would have purchased even knowing this info because that is close to what I could pay for a used saw in good condition, let alone one that hasn't been run in the wood.

Also the 2250's have the same marks and some cosmetic issues, so I would assume every saw will.

Ok I was asked by @cuinrearview to possibly intervene and here is my opinion. I started out being somewhat negative and chipper1 jumped on my case . I usually only deal with 100% rating sellers. (My family eBay ratings are 100% )
I was getting ready to make a very large purchase and with me questioning the seller with some long conversations and I did intervene with the first buyer getting a broken saw. The saws are anywhere from 2013-2016 and have been sitting in a Husqvarna warehouse to my understanding .
I bought qty 2 of 2166’s and received 2013 and 2016. I tore down the 2013 and modified the port covers. It has the R on the underside . Imo the saw was ran at the factory and never put into wood. The cylinder and piston are brand new showing startup only. I also saw some rust/corrosion on the saw and cleaned it up pretty quickly .
I will continue to make smaller purchases and WILL NOT BE MAKING a large purchase. Not because I am not pleased but because the forums with all this info will cause very slow sales.
If anyone needs help after MONDAY private message me and I will make an effort. My best advice would be return the items and get a full refund or another saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I was asked by @cuinrearview to possibly intervene and here is my opinion. I started out being somewhat negative and chipper1 jumped on my case . I usually only deal with 100% rating sellers. (My family eBay ratings are 100% ratings)
I was getting ready to make a very large purchase and with me questioning the seller with some long conversations and I did intervene with the first buyer getting a broken saw. The saws are anywhere from 2013-2016 and have been sitting in a Husqvarna warehouse to my understanding .
To test everything out I bought a qty 2 of 2166’s and received 2013 and 2016. I tore down the 2013 and modified the port covers. It has the R on the underside . Imo the saw was ran at the factory and never put into wood. The cylinder and piston are brand new showing startup only. I also saw some rust/corrosion on the saw and cleaned it up pretty quickly .
I will continue to make smaller purchases and WILL NOT BE MAKING a large purchase. Not because I am not pleased but because the forums with all this info will cause very slow sales.
If anyone needs help after MONDAY private message me and I will make an effort. My best advice would be return the items and get a full refund or another saw.
For $425-495 delivered IMO as long as you don’t have broken plastic the saws are a very good buy. Broken parts I would return ASAP .,,, ok if I can help let me know thanks Bill

I just gonna call it like I see it, if the saw has a R engraved in it then it's not new any more, so there for the seller has lied when he posted they are NEW, I still think they are a great deal and I would probably purchase 1 if they came back down in price, but I think it is a positive to have all the information available and I am thankful to the OP for posting the information for us.

So who's not being honest here?
I think each individual is passing on the info they have been given.
I think knowing what they now now(as they have gotten enough feedback via calls and PM's thru eBay)that everyone who's in charge of the ads should change them as by now it's getting to the point I'd say they are falsifying the ads.

I'm just wondering what they have to say about the "R". Any other damage or corrosion would make sense on something that sits around for half a decade, even on a TSC shelf. I thought Bill had the "secret bat line" from comments earlier in the thread. It's all good though. At this point, until we hear from the entity with these goods, it's all speculation and guesswork.

Ok I was asked by @cuinrearview to possibly intervene and here is my opinion. I started out being somewhat negative and chipper1 jumped on my case . I usually only deal with 100% rating sellers. (My family eBay ratings are 100% )
I bought qty 2 of 2166’s and received 2013 and 2016. I tore down the 2013 and modified the port covers. It has the R on the underside . Imo the saw was ran at the factory and never put into wood. The cylinder and piston are brand new showing startup only. I also saw some rust/corrosion on the saw and cleaned it up pretty quickly .

I really enjoy how you are sure to use the "@" and a username to call others, but every time you say I've done something you don't lol.
Oh how I jumped on your case, folks these days sure are sensitive :yes:.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 8.34.48 AM.png

Back