Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t kid you’re self they’re not new, unused. I’ve personally handled over 40-50 husqvarna refurbished saws, trimmers and backpack blowers from VMINNOVATIONS when they were selling refurbs that were returned back to them. They were originally sold as New certified refurbished with the infamous R. Just like these. View attachment 723939View attachment 723940View attachment 723941View attachment 723942View attachment 723943View attachment 723944View attachment 723945View attachment 723939View attachment 723940View attachment 723941View attachment 723942View attachment 723943View attachment 723944View attachment 723945
I think your right about the R meaning refurbished but I think these saws are like others have stated that they probable came from places that sent their stock back to Husqvarna.

85B0FCD1-5F58-47EE-BA9B-673C80A166B1.jpeg I’ve been told that they’re are 3 grades of recons

A. Like new
B. Wear items replaced but minor blemishes
C. Well I’ve been told they have C, must be real crappy

All the refurbished husky equipment that I have handled were B, comparable to the Jred stuff I received. Again not new unused

Btw mine are going back. I’ll buy from a seller that advertises what they actually are

I p
View attachment 723957 I’ve been told that they’re are 3 grades of recons

A. Like new
B. Wear items replaced but minor blemishes
C. Well I’ve been told they have C, must be real crappy

All the refurbished husky equipment that I have handled were B, comparable to the Jred stuff I received. Again not new unused

Btw mine are going back. I’ll buy from a seller that advertises what they actually are
i probably should of done the same but pretty sure I pissed them off too much for that now

I have gotten husqvarna recons that were in great condition, like new. Some were obvious that they were used. Point they weren’t trying to pass them off as new, unused. Speaking to husqvarna corporate customer service new recons are supposed to come with a 30 day warranty. If they are a husqvarna dist why aren’t they offering at least the 30 day warranty?

Isn’t a saw that is going to be used it’s going to get all scratched up and marked anyways? If I got an $800 saw for $400 and it had a few marks on it but never fueled i wouldn’t complain.
I've already scratched mine up cutting dead ash
I don't care it's a saw that's what it's for
Some guy's can't handle scratches lol

Out of curiosity. I called Husqvarna today and they said that the R stands for refurbished. I also asked if they could be new stock that was returned to Husqvarna and just stamped with the R and she didn't know, but if I took it to a dealer, they could tell me more about the saw. Either way, I'm happy with mine.

I’m gona keep mine. I think I got a descent deal on it but I just have this feeling I’m getting screwed without lube and they’re laughing about it. if anyone knows what I’m getting at. I just don’t like the fact that they aren’t completely up front about what’s going on with them

I don’t have any guns in this fight.
I see both sides of this and can see and agree with valid points from both.

Anyone not happy and wanting a refund just sell the saw here for their refund...plenty here would likely be happy to take the new used saw off your hands for your money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got pretty much the same response. Basically go pound sand. It's all good, I'll find a use for it. I can part it out or if someone comes to me in need of a saw I can let it go with full disclosure down the road. Or if my 2171 goes down I've got backup. Lots of options with it sitting in a box on my shelf.

It's nice getting confirmation about what I've suspected about some of the folks we share this site with. I can tell you one thing though; if you plan on referencing any of the things said in this thread later take screen shots now. I know for a fact at least one of the members that has posted here edits things he's typed after the fact, and I don't mean just correcting spelling.

Yes @chipper1 there is a point to my post. That is your post most of the 25,000 seem under the influence ??? Picture look familiar lol. Have a great day !!!
1b389c317d338951f62657c8acf5f858.jpg

That post was incomplete, I could finish it, but I don't see it making any difference.
No, that picture doesn't look at all familiar to me, should it.
There you go with the "have a great day", if you don't mean it then why do you say it.
No hidden fact I am one of the people watching this and many other post about the EBay deals. I plan on doing much more business with them. They were sold the saws from Husqvarna as BRAND NEW with No Warranty . It does not surprise me with handling over 500 saws that a few are broken.
Before I would start accusing the EBay seller of anything about R stamped saws I would want proven in writing from Husqvarna that something is not kosher. They are closing in on 500 sales in a very short period with many many happy buyers. I have said many times EBAY will always be much bigger than the chainsaw forums with lots of protection.
My advice is return the broken saws and move on . Bill

So what, you are now a spy for them, so you can get deals.

I find it interesting how quickly you've become such close friends with these folks; first in the Ebay dump thread you said you were against buying from someone who has all their feedback issues, then you gave me a hard time because I said there % of negative feedback was rather low vs their total feedback, then your making a large purchase from them with your family members who are big into Ebay and have some thousands of $ of items on Ebay(which ended up being a few saws :laugh:), now your a spy for them o_O.

What happen to wanting to help guys out and protect them, are you still sending the seller messages for guys who have a problem thru the top secret number.
Now you are singing the praises of their near 500 saws sold in such a short time, and that anyone saying that it's not right that they are selling saws marked with an "R"(refurbished even if they have not been run) and some that have been run, that they should have something in writing from Husqvarna that something is not kosher.
Nope, looks as though you are just advocating(for the company) they return them and move on.
My how quickly you have changed sides from wanting to help AS members too now siding with an Ebay seller who is clearly aware that they are being deceitful. I find it interesting that you would so quickly partner up with that type of company.

I got pretty much the same response. Basically go pound sand. It's all good, I'll find a use for it. I can part it out or if someone comes to me in need of a saw I can let it go with full disclosure down the road. Or if my 2171 goes down I've got backup. Lots of options with it sitting in a box on my shelf.

It's nice getting confirmation about what I've suspected about some of the folks we share this site with. I can tell you one thing though; if you plan on referencing any of the things said in this thread later take screen shots now. I know for a fact at least one of the members that has posted here edits things he's typed after the fact, and I don't mean just correcting spelling.
That's because Bill told them when that Tim guy calls don't do anything for him:laughing:.

Yes, it's very similar to all the lies that came out in the "mint condition 570 champ" thread.
"I sold it for full price" says Bill, then it comes up on Ebay for sale for less money, interesting :nofunny:.
I think someone needs to run for office :popcorn2:.
I can't believe anybody would be surprised. At least anybody that's paid attention.
That's exactly what this type of person hopes, is that people watch what they are saying in an individual post and mis the big picture.

Back