Alittle Stihl vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they do, but that isn't a chainsaw.

My point is that the chainsaw isn't named 375, even with the larger engine, but still 372xp! :) :greenchainsaw:

Make that 372xpW :clap: or to be separated from the 70.7cc version people use the term 375 when talking about the difference in one with the 74.6cc topend.
But you would have to be among people talking about them to know that.:)

Even Bailey's uses 375 designation for its ordering even though it is listed as 372xpw. When ordering from Bailey's you tell them this to get the 375, HU 375W order code.

Last edited:
Make that 372xpW :clap: or to be separated from the 70.7cc version people use the term 375 when talking about the difference in one with the 74.6cc topend.

Must 372xpws are not 75cc, just those sold by Baileys recently.......

The "w" stands for the wrap handle, and has nothing to do with the displacement, really...... :greenchainsaw: :dizzy: :dizzy:

:cheers:

All I know is Ian's and mine are 74.66cc's and are called 375's by those in the know at gtg's etc when referring to the saws. I have even seen 375's being run for the last 3 years before Bailey's finally put some out.

When talking about the Husky among friends and we want to distinguish between 372, 375, BB372, thats how we refer to them. You can refer to it however you like my friend. But among-est us we will call it what we have always called them before and know which saw we are talking about. :clap:

Last edited:
All I know is Ian's and mine are 74.66cc's and are called 375's by those in the know at gtg's etc when referring to the saws. I have even seen 375's being run for the last 3 years before Bailey's finally put some out.

When talking about the Husky among friends and we want to distinguish between 372, 375, BB372, thats how we refer to them. You can refer to it however you like my friend. But among-est us we will call it what we have always called them before and know which saw we are talking about. :clap:

Thats understandable, but your going to make sawtroll add a row to his spec sheet if others start referring to them as 375's ;).

That's just fine with me, and practical I'm sure, among you - but it isn't you and your friends (or Baileys) that deside the model numbers of the different Husky models, and versions of those.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

That's just fine with me, and practical I'm sure, among you - but it isn't you and your friends (or Baileys) that deside the model numbers of the different Husky models, and versions of those.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Wasn't it you that wanted to call the new 346xp 50cc saw a 349xp, well guess what sir, a 349xp is what I will refer to for that saw from now on to distinguish it from the 45cc brother. :cheers: So when you see me and others referring to a 349 you will be the one to blame in the future.:bowdown:

Wasn't it you that wanted to call the new 346xp 50cc saw a 349xp, well guess what sir, a 349xp is what I will refer to for that saw from now on to distinguish it from the 45cc brother. :cheers: So when you see me and others referring to a 349 you will be the one to blame in the future.:bowdown:

I wanted Husky to do that, not someone else, contrary to what it says on the saws....:popcorn: :givebeer: :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
ST, just so you can update your specs :deadhorse: :dizzy: . Here is the part numbers straight from Husqvarna on the 2006-2007 372xpW, the cylinder and piston are of 51.4mm for replacement parts. Straight from a Husky dealer IPL.
HUS Husqvarna 503976171
PISTON CPL 51.4 MM
Husqvarna 503289039
PISTON RING

OEM Piston and Cylinder Kit 372xpw 2006-2007
This is a 75cc . Piston diameter is 51.4mm. piston and cylinder kit 51.4mm x 1.2mm rings.

365 =48mm
372xp = 50mm
372xpW/375 = 51.4mm
BB372 = 52mm

Last edited:
Like beating a dead horse I tell you. i get my info straight from husqvarna resources.
Just go to prove you cant believe everything out there on the web, heck if that was true i would believe the Husky 372 and 375 or 372xpW weight 14.75LBS :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl: :hmm3grin2orange: but we know better and it made for good teasing material once.

Last edited:
Well, Well, Well,
Looks like we got two new shinny stars out there.

Saw troll and Thall........Good for ya two.

Well, Well, Well,
Looks like we got two new shinny stars out there.

Saw troll and Thall........Good for ya two.

Sawtroll is my arguing partner. Though he's much much older than me I still take him on,hehehehhehe

Back