All time worst chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it came from walmart. It was about a 35 or 40 cc saw. It cost maybe 120.00
It had a placard that said expected engine life was some 20 hrs.
I did not know that "wild thing" applied to more than one model.
N

It had a placard that said expected engine life was some 20 hrs.
No, it had a placard that said emissions compliance period. 50, 125 or 300 hours.

The Wild Thing can be a fine little limbing saw. The biggest problem is the newbie operator who bucks 30" rounds while running lean and hot with a dull chain.

I have hardly any experience in older saws, but I don't miss tearing into that Homelite 330 I had one bit. Not a bad saw to run but they were thrown together rather poorly.

The wild thing has probably cut up just as much storm damage from homeowners who just needed a saw to that branch that snapped off in there backyard. My pa has owned one for 20plus years and it still runs good.

Now the worst saw I owned was a mccullah mini Mac 30. The recoil felt like I was winding up a rubber band before the started pawls would grab. The chain barely had enough clearance between the case and the clutch to get on the drive sprocket. When you finally did get it all put together, the chain tensioner in the clutch cover was tough to get set right. The spark plug access in the cover didn’t have clearance to get a socket on the spark plug to remove it. Once i finally got it all put together, it ran like crap. I think it had a air leak somewhere.

Blue 18v Ryobi. The chain moves slooowww. It doesn’t have any torque. The 10” bar has an anti-kickback barrier on it that prevents you from cutting anything much bigger than 8”, not that you’d be able to anyway since the nicad batteries it came with might only get you through a 2x4. Oh, and it’s got a manual Oiler on it that looks like a primer bulb. Mine came with a big set of other marginal tools and at the time I thought, maybe I could use it for a Christmas tree, but it turned out that a bow saw was more practical. I’ve had it for years and it’s only been used about 3 times.

The 40v Ryobi on the other hand is a decent saw.

upload_2018-11-26_22-45-19.jpeg

My husqvarna 445 was the worst saw ever made imo.....I traded it for a mccinderblock 3214.

The 445 was underpowered and tended to stall when cutting. I was doing timed cuts against my ry10532 saw and stalled second cut and would not start until the next day and it wasn't flooded.

Latest posts

Back