All time worst chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marley5 Said:
Wait, you're wife has her own saw ? Awesome.
I keep mine confined to the kitchen.

Hi Marley, Yep my Wife does indeed have HER OWN SAW, and actually wanted it.:D

My Wife enjoys running the splitter, we usually piggy back the splitter to the woods in the big trailer, and my Wife will split as I buck up rounds for her.
I get the splitter set up near the trailer, and get some rounds piled for her, our system is pretty much Buck while she splits, when she gets a pile of splits I load them, so in production I, Buck , roll her rounds, load splits, Buck roll rounds, load splits, repeat, repeat, repeat............:)

In 2017 on one wood trip, I was limbing with the 23 Compact, a little Top Handle Husky, and my Wife was watching, and said "I Can Do That", and after limbing for awhile she decided that she wanted HER OWN saw, I felt that the 445 was the right Power, weight, Price balance for her, I tried to find a 445 with a 16" B&C, but everyone had the 18" models in stock, so that was what I got her, She got it for Christmas, and was Absolutely Thrilled when she unwrapped it.

I put the 18" B&C on it after she unwrapped it, but I also have 16" and 13" bars that fit her saw and my 353. The first time we went wood cutting with her new saw, I put the 13" B&C on it, so she could get used to visualizing where that bar tip is, to avoid kick back and "Rocking" the chain, She wanted NOTHING to do with that 13" Bar, said it was EMBARRASSING :laughing:.

Some of her Friends Looked at ME, in a Strange way:confused: when she told them what she got for Christmas, then they gave HER the Strange looks when she said that it was what she WANTED:eek:.

Her Birthday is the second week of January, and she didn't have time to plan the Party she wanted for her 50th, this year, so it was a little late, but in the Firewood section, if you search for "Rae's Flannel Fest 2018" you will find a thread with a bunch of pictures of her party, she decided to do a "Lumber Jill" theme, and we had the Neighborhood lodge well decorated for it, and all the Gals had fun with a theme that few had ever tried before.

Yep, I'm a Lucky Man to have a Wife that Enjoys going wood cutting, she also Enjoys Shooting, Camping, Boating, Is my Favorite Fishing Buddy, and my Best Friend, She is Definitely a "Keeper":yes:

Doug :cheers:
Awesome!!!!
I married what I thought would be like that. After collage she got to good for a country boy and left me in 1993.
Everyday I'm glad she left.
Im Still unmarried, I've had a great life. Yours sounds even better but at almost 73 it looks as if im in better health than her and shes 13 years younger.
The trick to a long life is luck then stress free. I like almost everyone and she's become snobby. I'm happy all time and she's not.
Glad for your great fortune. I'm proud for your two. Blessings.

Thank You Wow,

It does make Life more Enjoyable, when you’re Married to your Best Friend. We enjoy doing many things together, and respect that there are things we each Enjoy on our own

So far it has worked for us, we don’t always agree on everything, but we don’t let what we disagree about cause us problems

May will be 11 years Married, I think I will keep her around for awhile yet;)

Thank You Wow,

It does make Life more Enjoyable, when you’re Married to your Best Friend. We enjoy doing many things together, and respect that there are things we each Enjoy on our own

So far it has worked for us, we don’t always agree on everything, but we don’t let what we disagree about cause us problems

May will be 11 years Married, I think I will keep her around for awhile yet;)

What I did was began a study to find out where the mistakes were made by both of us.
Now, I'm a pretty good free service marriage counselor.
The two main things is finding out what each person expects.
Most Women need to feel loved above most things and men need to feel respected.
After I get that out of the way I advise them to NEVER beat on each other nor cheat on each other.
Respect each other at all times and don't try to fix each other.
I tell them to stay together if at all possible because if they stay true to the other rules they will eventually fall back in love.
Some couples may need space. That may mean two bedrooms BUT they MUST NOT discuss marriage problems with friends ESPECIALLY of the opposite sex.
Lastly, I tell them this story.
Little Johnny had an old Dog that was loyal. It barked at Strangers and watched the house.
One day Ole Blue was hit by a car.
The vetenaryian said , well Old Blue will loose his front leg, or I can put him out of his misery. What say ye Johnny?
Johnny replied, will his front leg grow back someday? Vet said no Johnny he's gonna always be handicapped BUT he'll still serve as a watch dog and he'll love you and be loyal. Johnny sighed! Well Doc lets fix my 3 legg Dog. He doesn't need to be perfect if he loves me and is loyal.
That's how true love works.
I once married a beautiful lady but she could not be loyal. She could not love me with MY faults.
Now she is an old mean prune.
Somewhere there were some 3 leg dogs that would have been perfect for me but I passed them up.
I see that happening especially to young people all the time. In the old Testament there is mention of Jubilee. It every 50 years. After 49 years which is 7X7. I've noticed that human life seems to group in 7. At 21 we can buy a house. 7X3=21. In the 5th group of 7 is when most humans mature. 7X4=28 but Jesus was 30 when he began preaching. That was in the years from 29 to 35. Young people would be wise to get a good education grow up and move into the 5th group of 7 before making life long commitments. Thats NOT to say all young marriages are doomed. Science declare human minds may be 25 to 30 before matured. People have no idea how much our minds and matuirity can change as we age. Then babies can strain young marriages.
I have several older lady friends and really like them but at my age I'm not ready to deal with anothers emotions. I like Living alone. I can visit and go home. When we marry or cohabitate we are forced to deal with Feelings and Emotions not our own. Humans don't marry a body they marry a Mind, Will, and Emotions. When the beauty dwindles along with hair and teeth, the Mind (hopefully), Will, and Emotions are still there..
If honey was difficult when young and looks made it worth it. When looks is gone what's left may be a Problem.
On a funny note. I have a little fat 70 year old friend that's sweet but gets upset if she drops an ink pen or napkin. She gets mad at other drivers. Sometimes I have to put her groceries away because she is upset and shaking. When I help her I simply say goodbye have a great day. When that 3 legged dog gets calmed down I will visit again. She can't hold much of a conversation but every night, without fail, she calls to make sure I'm safely inside for the night. Sometimes if I go out at night she wants me to let her know I'm back safe. My X wife could care less. Once I had to get under a truck on a muddy dirt off road trail. That truck trapped me. I was alone trapped and the weather was getting bad. I used my hands to free myself. Used my woodsman skills to walk out and got help. Got home at crack of dawn. I said im sorry darling I know you were worried. She said. Nope! Yep God did me a favor when she left. I did myself a favor when I was finally able to forgive her.
Life is short but wonderful when we learn to be happy. The happiest people are people that like people.
Blessings,

My vote goes to the typical big box store saw bought to cut down a single tree and forgotten in the basement for a year or more with fuel in it.
Theoretically speaking it should be an easy rebuild but practically speaking it turns into a never-ending nightmare. How can the coil go bad on a saw that worked maybe one hour in its life before being laid up? The good folks for China manufacturing parts for these things must be doing it on purpose.
I'd love to say this stuff is cheap but it isn't. You could buy 3 or 4 of the same saws on eBay (with different names and colors; love the 046/MS460 clone in acid green and white :D) and if something goes wrong the seller will just replace the whole saw. The big box stores selling this **** and the Chinese-owned exim companies bringing them over must be making a fortune on them. I reckon that even including import duties these things probably cost them €30/piece delivered to their central warehouse. Shipping is probably more expensive than the saw itself.

These days I even refuse to touch this stuff: I just tell the owner to throw it away and buy a cheap one on Ebay. Rinse and repeat.

I can add to this topic the worst saw to work on (for me at least) is the Stihl 009. I have big hands and trying to reinstall the carb and the fuel line that wraps around the carb and under the jets while making sure the gasket stays in place makes me want to throw the saw against a brick wall as hard as I can. Not to mention the retarded oil pump (that thank god is NLA)

My hatred of the 009 is so well known that whenever one comes into the shop the guys up front yell to the back that they got a surprise for me up front all while laughing and mocking me. The crazy part is that every customer that brings one in says it’s the best saw ever made.

Don't know if it's all time worst but I had one of these that was piss poor.

View attachment 686720

It was used to cut 1 year's worth of firewood.
I remember the chain brake quit working, it had melted into some plastic.
And it just struggled...a lot. I gave it away after I got me a Husky!
Old thread but at 4am im reading can't sleep bad dream. So I'll second this, YES I BOUGHT that same Ryobi model. Loved it at first.. In 5 days of hard work it was shot. It wouldn't cut through a 2 inch oak limb very well. Chain was sharp, but saw barely pulled it, engine bogged. Thankfully Lowes refunded my money. I replaced it with a Echo cs352. Never regretted buying Echo. My Echo saws 352, 490, 590 have all been great saws.

Old thread but at 4am im reading can't sleep bad dream. So I'll second this, YES I BOUGHT that same Ryobi model. Loved it at first.. In 5 days of hard work it was shot. It wouldn't cut through a 2 inch oak limb very well. Chain was sharp, but saw barely pulled it, engine bogged. Thankfully Lowes refunded my money. I replaced it with a Echo cs352. Never regretted buying Echo. My Echo saws 352, 490, 590 have all been great saws.

Your missing the best one, a muff modded CS400. Steve

Who buys a cordless chainsaw?
Isn't that kinda like buying a cordless airliner engine?
How many cords of wood do you get out of 3 flashbulbs' worth of electricity?
They are handy for small jobs. You just pick them up and use them. I have a Kobalt 18" 80 volt saw. It will run about 10 minutes with a 2 AH battery and about 30 minutes with 5 AH. It has enough torque to bury the bar in hardwood and keep on going. But it only cuts about 1/6 as fast as my 500i. But in the offseason when I have drained the fuel from the 500i, it takes about 5 minutes to fuel it up and get it to start. So the Kobalt would win in time used for small jobs by being more ready to be used.

Marley5 Said:
Wait, you're wife has her own saw ? Awesome.
I keep mine confined to the kitchen.

Hi Marley, Yep my Wife does indeed have HER OWN SAW, and actually wanted it.:D

My Wife enjoys running the splitter, we usually piggy back the splitter to the woods in the big trailer, and my Wife will split as I buck up rounds for her.
I get the splitter set up near the trailer, and get some rounds piled for her, our system is pretty much Buck while she splits, when she gets a pile of splits I load them, so in production I, Buck , roll her rounds, load splits, Buck roll rounds, load splits, repeat, repeat, repeat............:)

In 2017 on one wood trip, I was limbing with the 23 Compact, a little Top Handle Husky, and my Wife was watching, and said "I Can Do That", and after limbing for awhile she decided that she wanted HER OWN saw, I felt that the 445 was the right Power, weight, Price balance for her, I tried to find a 445 with a 16" B&C, but everyone had the 18" models in stock, so that was what I got her, She got it for Christmas, and was Absolutely Thrilled when she unwrapped it.

I put the 18" B&C on it after she unwrapped it, but I also have 16" and 13" bars that fit her saw and my 353. The first time we went wood cutting with her new saw, I put the 13" B&C on it, so she could get used to visualizing where that bar tip is, to avoid kick back and "Rocking" the chain, She wanted NOTHING to do with that 13" Bar, said it was EMBARRASSING :laughing:.

Some of her Friends Looked at ME, in a Strange way:confused: when she told them what she got for Christmas, then they gave HER the Strange looks when she said that it was what she WANTED:eek:.

Her Birthday is the second week of January, and she didn't have time to plan the Party she wanted for her 50th, this year, so it was a little late, but in the Firewood section, if you search for "Rae's Flannel Fest 2018" you will find a thread with a bunch of pictures of her party, she decided to do a "Lumber Jill" theme, and we had the Neighborhood lodge well decorated for it, and all the Gals had fun with a theme that few had ever tried before.

Yep, I'm a Lucky Man to have a Wife that Enjoys going wood cutting, she also Enjoys Shooting, Camping, Boating, Is my Favorite Fishing Buddy, and my Best Friend, She is Definitely a "Keeper":yes:

You can't get luckier than to have a wife like that!

Don't know if it's all time worst but I had one of these that was piss poor.

View attachment 686720

It was used to cut 1 year's worth of firewood.
I remember the chain brake quit working, it had melted into some plastic.
And it just struggled...a lot. I gave it away after I got me a Husky!
I bought one of those to try out.. Took it back, got my money back and never looked back. Bought a Echo CS352 and i've loved that echo ever since.

Any saw that you can’t adjust both the L and H screws as well as some dependant carbs

Which is the vast majority of current, name brand saws. I hate to bring it up, but I will; my three chinese saws respond absolutely correctly to carb adjustments, just like all of my name brand, pre BS epa equipment. We'll see how they hold up. So far there is no indication whatsoever that they won't. Low hours to date...

I agree with your assessment.

Well,, Guys at 76 and slowing down,, I can't imagine me ever buying another saw but,, I'm glad my saws are all old Stihl and Echo's. I'm still enjoying them but not like I used to. This year, I'm burning Firewood and might for a few more years but who knows. Life is short but we don't realize it until we got old.. LOL. I'm curious about what name is on your chinese Saws? I've bought a few Chinese Carbs that seemed to work well.. good day..

I have proyama and "chainsaw" zenoah 2500 copy tophandles, and a neotec 660 copy. So far I am thoroughly impressed. In fact, the little "chainsaw" chainsaw just cut 3/4 of today's firewood because the 2152 had/has an issue that just cropped up today.

I have proyama and "chainsaw" zenoah 2500 copy tophandles, and a neotec 660 copy. So far I am thoroughly impressed. In fact, the little "chainsaw" chainsaw just cut 3/4 of today's firewood because the 2152 had/has an issue that just cropped up today.
Do you know of a China Saw that might be comparable to the Echo cs352 in size, weight, reliability, and power? Not that Iam going to buy another saw, but a lot of people do ask my opinion..

Back