all wrong

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And people blame lawyers for idiot labels. :rolleyes:

I've sold a bunch of those Husky tractors, and allthough there are plenty of labels on them, there is not a label telling the operator not to perform that particular acrobatic feat. So, the potential for a law suit may still exist.

Do you suppose that alchohol played a role in that stunt?

I hope he's not a Barber by trade. Although, judging by the flat top, he may well be.

:laugh:

Two Cambridge mates say they may turn their unusual method of trimming hedges into a business, after they suspended a ride-on mower from a crane to do the job.

"This is how the Waikato boys mow a hedge," the ride-on mower operator told the Waikato Times.

The operator, who did not want to be named, is now nursing a broken hand, but said it wasn't a fall from the mower that caused the injury but one off the crane.

He admitted it was not the safest method of trimming the hedge, but said it was all done as a bit of a joke.

They wanted to film the stunt, put it on the internet and see how many hits it got, but in the end had no video camera.

"We just thought it would be a bit of a joke – a bit of a laugh," he said.

The man had expected a real hedge trimmer to turn up on Sunday to mow the hedge, but when he didn't his mate arrived with his crane and a ride-on mower.

The next thing he knew he was being hoisted up on top of the two-metre high hedge.

"We were supposed to get all dressed up in our Mooloo gear and show people that this is how the Waikato boys mow their hedges."

The unusual sight bemused passing motorists. One passer-by, Bart Dinger, said it was a classic case of Kiwi ingenuity.

"A kiwi classic – jandals and all," he said.

The mower operator's wife burst out laughing when she drove home to see her husband on the hedge.

"I saw the crane first and thought 'great, the hedge is getting trimmed', but I didn't realise this was what they were planning," she said.

Her husband spent about 20 minutes mowing the hedge which had "got out of hand over winter".

"The mower was doing an all-right job, but I reckon it would work better on a hedge that's not so spiky." He said there was nothing in the instructions to say the mower couldn't be used on hedges and joked that they should go into the contracting business.

Years ago our contractor couldn't reach the top of one of our hedges with the flail trimmer he had at the time. To get the extra 3ft needed we loaded the tractor and trimmer in a trailer and did it that way. I drove the tractor/trailer bit but the contractor couldn't get out of habit of steering to control the trimmer as well as using the hydraulics. He spent most of his time going from one lock to the other all to no avail.
The whole combination looked pretty stupid but nothing on those guys!

I don't see anything wrong with the concept, other than the driver could be replaced by a bungee cord or a concrete block.

Back