Almost go time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The snow is receding in the woods which means it is soon prime time to cut wood from now until bugs show up in late May.

I do want to get some work done around the house too but will plan to use my weekends to cut wood and evenings to work at the house.

I want to get about 15 cords done before it gets buggy. Maybe more.

Good luck! Snow and life got in the way last fall. Am also balancing household projects and wood time. I don't need 15 cord but 5+ for sure. Future daughter in laws helping with the house stuff. But its a big list.

I got a cord split and stacked today. Mix of red pine, black locust, and a little ash.

Ran out of firewood before I ran out of sap to cook, which is a bad thing for me. Need to have more wood ready for next year. Between cooking syrup, heating the house, my dad's house, and selling a few cords, it'd be great to make 50 cords this year. We'll see how far I get. 25 would be bare minimum.

Another week or so of projects around the house then it’s time to start cutting wood daily till it’s done. I was hoping to have an earlier start but the snow in the woods didn’t want to melt.

Another week or so of projects around the house then it’s time to start cutting wood daily till it’s done. I was hoping to have an earlier start but the snow in the woods didn’t want to melt.

Done? Tell me more about this "done" of which you speak. ;)

I filled 8 racks (about 40-50% of a cord each) this week. 2 a day from Saturday to Tuesday and then I needed the tractor for other jobs. Hoping to get the splitter back on today or tomorrow at the latest and get back at it.

Done? Tell me more about this "done" of which you speak. ;)

I filled 8 racks (about 40-50% of a cord each) this week. 2 a day from Saturday to Tuesday and then I needed the tractor for other jobs. Hoping to get the splitter back on today or tomorrow at the latest and get back at it.
I have 15.5 cords to do for other people then start for myself. Lots of blowdown to tackle so that will keep me busy for a while!

Latest posts

Back