Alpina Prof-45 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fackir

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hy Guys.

Buy this chaisaw last week for 20€ here in Portugal.
He´s not running, need some "care" first.
Were can i find parts for it? Need some decals, gaskets...
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0671.JPG
    DSC_0671.JPG
    997.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0672.JPG
    DSC_0672.JPG
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0673.JPG
    DSC_0673.JPG
    795 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0674.JPG
    DSC_0674.JPG
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi and welcome.
The carburetor is a Tillotson HU so no problem at all getting parts to rebuild it. And that's about it. :laugh:
Parts for those early 80's Alpina Professional have been getting scarcer and harder to come by for years. Some parts are compatible with the far more widespread A40E but not really many.

Generally speaking these days if you want a running Alpina from those years you wait for a parts saw (or the equivalent Castor model) to pop up and use it as a spare hulk. But the problem is easily said: the prices I keep seeing for these babies are absolutely insane. A quick search has revealed a non-runner not far from me for €90. You can easily see what the problem is here.

Thanks for the answer. ;)
Fortunately, this machine will not need many parts. I think the chain braking system and the new stickers after painting will be my biggest problems.
I have always liked this model, I will try to treat it right. Soon will post photos of the advances.

Take this with a big pinch of salt because I haven't worked on an Alpina/Castor in a few years and my memory is faulty, but the chain brake mechanism used on 80's Alpina's was used literally unchanged until 2000 or so on Stiga branded chainsaws (Alpina, Castelgarden, Mountfield etc have all been absorbed by the same holding, first called IGP and now Stiga) so it may be worth paying a visit to a Stiga dealership and have a chat with them.

Stickers however are another matter: that stuff is simply not available anymore. You would probably be much better off having them custom made by a graphic studio, just be sure to get the measurements right and to take high quality pictures so the colors are as close to the original as possible.

Hi guys,

Today i take some pics of the advance in my "project".
Find some major problem in the coil, do you know if is reparable?
Like to hear some cool tips and advices about the pics.
Cheers1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
I am not really any good with a soldering iron.
There's a company from Eastern Europe called VEC Ignition that manufactures a few aftermarket coils for 80's Alpina chainsaws. A few is the key here. :laugh:
I have no idea what models they cover or even of a reliable source for them: their sales network seems to consist of hawkers and spivs selling off the back of a lorry. But they are worth looking into.

Hi and welcome.
The carburetor is a Tillotson HU so no problem at all getting parts to rebuild it. And that's about it. :laugh:
I have one such beauty at home (seen extremely low usage so the repairman said it looks great but it needs a new carburettor...

https://tillotson.ie/product-line/hu/
Is the one in question find in the lineup here? Does anyone know what HU #number it is? Thanks!

I have one such beauty at home (seen extremely low usage so the repairman said it looks great but it needs a new carburettor...

https://tillotson.ie/product-line/hu/
Is the one in question find in the lineup here? Does anyone know what HU #number it is? Thanks!
The model number of your carb will be stamped into the aluminum body of the carb on its side most likely, remove it and clean off any crudd, it can be seen.

Back