Al's Venison Summer Sausage.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I grind my venison on the fine side and do not add any pork to it. If I wanted pork I would grind op a pig butt roast.

4 pounds of ground Venison.

1/4 Mortons Tender Quick Salt.

1 Table spoon of Mustard seeds.

5 crushed garlic cloves or 2 table spoons of garlic powder.

1 table spoon of black pepper

Remove all rings from fingers and dive in mixing well
Cover and refridrate 24 hours.

After 24 hours remove the mix from fridge.
Remix again and add 2 table spoons of liquid smoke, I use hickory flavor you use what you like.
Form into logs about 1 1/2 in Diameter.

Pre heat over to 350F

Lay on a cookie sheet, place in the preheated over for 60 minutes at 350 or when the meat themotor reches 150F in the middle of the log.

I thin slice the logs and eat the slices alone or between crackers like saltine squares, ritz, and other yuppy crackers.

I have pictures some where to find and post.

:D Al

Sounds good. So much better with casings and stuffed tight! Rolling creates a loose sausage roll that falls apart before or on the cracker.

Pepperoni 002 (800x600).jpg

I grind my venison on the fine side and do not add any pork to it. If I wanted pork I would grind op a pig butt roast.4 pounds of ground Venison.Lay on a cookie sheet, place in the preheated over for 60 minutes at 350 or when the meat themotor reches 150F in the middle of the log. I thin slice the logs and eat the slices alone or between crackers like saltine squares, ritz, and other yuppy crackers. I have pictures some where to find and post.:D Al

I have pictures some where to find and post :yes:

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Back