Altec pistol grip problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastCoastEarthworks

Reaction score
Having problem finding someone to work on my 2009 gmc 7500 forestry truck. The pistol grip works from upper controls but sometimes doesn’t want to go down and when you squeeze the trigger it’s almost like nothing is there.

Attachments

• D3337F75-9FC3-46C8-BE0F-64B5891C4BFF.jpeg
    D3337F75-9FC3-46C8-BE0F-64B5891C4BFF.jpeg
    402.3 KB · Views: 9
I am 99% sure I can help,, not sure if you can do it yourself, but the problem probably is as simple as removing the boot and exposing the linkage,, you will probably find it full of saw dust and debris. It causes the linkage to not fully engage. After cleaning it out and you still have issues, then it means your linkage has to be adjusted and tightened. Hope this helps, it has for all six of my bucket trucks.
Jeff
It was a beautiful but very hot day! :cheers:

Thank you for the reply I took the boot off it and cleaned it out that day. I am it sure on how to adjust linkage I have never faced this issue
I am 99% sure I can help,, not sure if you can do it yourself, but the problem probably is as simple as removing the boot and exposing the linkage,, you will probably find it full of saw dust and debris. It causes the linkage to not fully engage. After cleaning it out and you still have issues, then it means your linkage has to be adjusted and tightened. Hope this helps, it has for all six of my bucket trucks.
Jeff
[/QUOT

Jeff

This is the solution that worked for me last month when I had problems with my grip

Back