Alternative for rubber logger boots in the summer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK_XJ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, I've felled trees and cut firewood for our home heating needs for 6+ years now but have typically done this only in the fall, winter or early spring. I've had the same pair of Husqavarna rubber (slip on) logger boots for this same period of time and they have worked well for the most part if being a bit heavy and clumsy.

I've decided to bite the bullet on taking the Game of Logging courses this July both for safety and to setup the possibility of receiving my NYS certified logger technician paperwork at a later date...my question is whether I will be dying in the summer heat wearing these Husky boots and, if so, could anyone recommend a (budget-friendly) alternative?

What do others wear in the summer? Do you just suck up the sweaty feet in exchange for safety or are a pair of leather, safety toe boots the better investment for the long term?

Thanks in advance.

The best boots I have ever found are these Haix boots
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143525628504SUPER comfy, very waterproof and I don’t get particularly hot feet when I wear them. I’m on my fourth pair now and as far as I am concerned, they are worth every penny

...and I’ve been wearing chainsaw boots since 1998, tried loads of alternatives but these are the cats flaps

Latest posts

Back