Always carry a camera!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am going to do that from now on!
Went cutting on Tuesday great weather 0° to 3°C stopped on a service road to cut a nice Dead standing Tree, Got out of the truck to get my saw was just tighting up my chain when two big Wolves a Black and a Silver one walked out 30yrds in front of me on the road.
One of them moments when cutting fire wood is really worth it! Just being out in the woods.
But from now on my little pocket camera is never leaving my pocket!

Yes, right next to the 870..

Agreed, I am more of "Always carry a rifle"

You can get plenty of pics once they're in the back of the truck.

I have shot quite a few deer using the splitter as a rest.

Way cool! I have never seen a timberwolf in the wild, just some penned up (next door neighbor to a friend kept some for sled dog breeding). Have seen moose, black bears, one cougar, one giant river otter (just freaking neat...), a wild hog about as big as a medium hippo or VW bug, gators, blah blah, east coast and southern critters, and assorted really big critters in the ocean, but no wolves...

And you might get the next big foot shot too :hmm3grin2orange:

Wolves are certainly cool to see in the wild, but the north-woods animal that freaks me out is a Bull Moose.
One moment he ain't there and the next moment he is... now, tell me, just how in the hell does something as big as Lake Erie, wearing a head-dress the size of the Golden Gate Bridge, sneak up on you in the woods?

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, just rememberin' and thinkin' out loud... or... thinkin' with the keyboard.

Last edited:
Wolves are certainly cool to see in the wild, but the north-woods animal that freaks me out is a Bull Moose.
One moment he ain't there and the next moment he is... now, tell me, just how in the hell does something as big as Lake Erie, wearing a head-dress the size of the Golden Gate Bridge, sneak up on you in the woods?

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, just rememberin' and thinkin' out loud... or... thinkin' with the keyboard.

Around 10 years ago I was clearcutting a bottom whee a fire had gone through. "Bullwinkle" was known to hang out there. I always figured if I heard a "snort" behind me, I wouild do the damndest 100ft dash up a tree ever seen.

Harry K

Back