American made chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
united states selling out the american worker,pretty soon we all will be speaking spanish.

All you have to do to stop this, is to get everyone to STOP buying at walmart and other stores that sell cheap chinese junk. And soon, it won't be sold here any longer...

Ooooooh, you can't do that??? Well then expect the problem to get worse, not better... as it's all caused because people shop there, and places like that to get the "cheapest" prices!!! :cry:

BTW, i'm NOT aiming this post at you personally...

Rob

Hey we cant stop buying at walmart that would hurt the chinese economy.. If more people would stop that mentality it might make a small dent in the problem . I was referring to old david bradleys,wrights ect. Not Harleys.. But Harleys are very good for the economy lots of jobs .

Ever see where the parts of a Harley are made??? Germany, Austrilia, Japan ect....

Rob

Yes lets close all the harley plants and stop selling them and see how many jobs are lost here in USA. anybody think Dodge ,Chevy ,Ford dont have things made outside USA ..

I've toured The Harley plant in York PA. The make the sheetmetal parts and real Americans put the bikes together. I'm sure some of the cast parts come from overseas.

There are a lot of real American jobs with this company. That is what counts in my book .. The vendors over seas dont make all the parts real Americans make the majority of them...Now back to saws ..

I've toured The Harley plant in York PA. The make the sheetmetal parts and real Americans put the bikes together. I'm sure some of the cast parts come from overseas.

I've toured the Harley plant in York too.... The last new Harley i bought had pistons in it from Germany, front end was aussie, all the guages and electrics were Japanease and on and on...

And we are losing the car market as well unless we can get politicians to put in a auto policy. Thousands of auto jobs are being challenged.

Wanna make the car companys come back???? Have them build something someone WANTS TO BUY, instead of "force feeding us" some gas guzzleing poorly put together junk!!!! Toyota builds cars people want, and they are now number two, nicely kicking Ford out of that spot. There's NO doupt that they have GM in there sight's right now, and every year Toyota is getting more market share, and GM is looseing it, as is Ford...

BTW, my one ton Dodge pu was built in Mexico!!

Same thing happen to the good ole' saws, they started building throw away junk, so folks moved on.... (includeing me)

Rob

Sawyer Rob said:
Wanna make the car companys come back???? Have them build something someone WANTS TO BUY, instead of "force feeding us" some gas guzzleing poorly put together junk!!!! Toyota builds cars people want, and they are now number two, nicely kicking Ford out of that spot.

Rob unfortunately that is out of the worker's hands but they are paying the price for the errors in judgement by the corporation. They are restructuring as we speak lets hope they get it right. I have my doubts but will keep fingers crossed.

Arnie

Would be great if they could get their act together, but history has so far shown that the ball is dropped, fumbled and lost to the other teams.
Innovation and strategic thinking have gone down the drain with companies such as harley and GM. Harley outsources all its technical bits, from brakes to suspension and engines. In fact I believe that honda goldwings made in ohio have a higher percentage of US made parts on them.
As consumers, we decide what sells. As manufacturers, they decide how good there products are going to be. But many domestic companies have let there clients down while foreign companies have stepped up, worked harder and been able to beat them left and right. Its not just an american thing, the WHOLE english car and motorcycle industry did the same thing and no longer exists.
There are only so many wake up calls before your days screwed permanently.

Last edited:
TimberMcPherson said:
Would be great if they could get their act together, but history has so far shown that the ball is dropped, fumbled and lost to the other teams.
Innovation and strategic thinking have gone down the drain with companies such as harley and GM. Harley outsources all its technical bits, from brakes to suspension and engines. In fact I believe that honda goldwings made in ohio have a higher percentage of US made parts on them.
As consumers, we decide what sells. As manufacturers, they decide how good there products are going to be. But many domestic companies have let there clients down while foreign companies have stepped up, worked harder and been able to beat them left and right. Its not just an american thing, the WHOLE english car and motorcycle industry did the same thing and no longer exists.
There are only so many wake up calls before your days screwed permanently.

You are right on the mark TimberMcPherson and the worker who is powerless between the buyer and the corporation gets readjusted and loses wages and benefits.

Arnie

Another side to this story is we just bought a Honda assembled in Alabama with most of its components made in the US or Canada. It is a great product and my benefiting from free trade can mean a better life for lots of people.

I was told that the first step down for Mac was being bought out by Black & Decker, who focused only on the home market. Was that the case?

I like competition. I was also under the impression that the Mac Pro 81E really did a lot for chain saw improvement by other manufacturers. That the Husky 266 sponsored the effort that made the Stihl 044 as good as it was.
If we choose to not compete in any given field, don't blame the foreign guy or feel obligated to buy local crap.

It is ONLY true competition when it is a level playing field for the manufacturing workers otherwise it is a race to the bottom, our $300 billion plus and quickly climbing annual trade deficit with China benefits only the big banks and venture capitalists. Every $1 billion in trade debt is 20,000 American jobs gone, people not paying taxes, buying products, or having a career. Germany has very high labor costs, makes great products, and enjoys trade surpluses with China, then again their government is not for sale.

It is ONLY true competition when it is a level playing field for the manufacturing workers otherwise it is a race to the bottom, our $300 billion plus and quickly climbing annual trade deficit with China benefits only the big banks and venture capitalists. Every $1 billion in trade debt is 20,000 American jobs gone, people not paying taxes, buying products, or having a career. Germany has very high labor costs, makes great products, and enjoys trade surpluses with China, then again their government is not for sale.

As Tomas Jefferson Said:

"The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. "

soon all saws will be made in china.
..... by children under 12 years old.
If they ever stop selling us their products, we won't be able to buy a snow shovel, or bucket, or wheelbarrow. Our store shelves will be as bare as those in Russia.

Back