Ameriquip towable, simple but good!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
portable lift

A local rental yard has a towable lift similar to the americorp's. I've used theirs several times for trimming and the occasional take down. The one I rent goes up to 43' and has hydraulic out riggers. The only bad thing though (this has not happened to me... yet) is that if the lift leans to one side to much from weight shifting or settling in soft soil the unit shuts off keeping you from moving the boom or basket. Someone on the ground opens a pressure release valve that lowers the boom slowly back to the ground. you still can't flip over while lowering the boom, but it shuts off the controls in the basket to keep you from leaning any further since you may or may not know which direction you are leaning in. It's a good machine none the less.

:spam: nasty no matter how you serve it.

In reply about the outrigger sensors on the ameriquip units.....yeah they do suck! on the lift I have pictured here I disconnected the manual outrigger sensors.

why?...nothing like hanging over someones house holding onto a limb that just put the sensor into tilt mode....scary!! yelling at groundies to crank to level the machine.....like im a captain on a pirate ship!

to compensate for this I put 2 levels on the machine to show if I was level or not, actually a gentleman at a crane repair shop did this for me.... the tolerances he set my ameriquip up for was better than factory!

Amerquip.... the only advice I have for you guys is become more competitive on price and at least make a 56ft work height unit, failure to do this will have you back in the financial blunder you were in years ago! I love the ameriquip machines....they`re awesome!

But...... at 45ft being your tallest lift & the $$$ way more than the competition....you`re not gonna sell too many!!

LXT........

safety and older units

we no longer make a manual outrigger machine. we can help you with many upgrades for the older machines and yes we have a 56 foot towable in production.Ameriquip was and is the best machine built in the timeframe. please don't compare a ten to fifteen year old machine to what we currently manufacture, but realize the ones you are talking about are still in use and you won't find that longevity with any other manufacturer. Ameriquips are built with pride in the usa , not europe like many of the others.

Id like to see a picture of the 56ft unit, Ameriquip, I realize you cant compare yesterday to today, but with the machine pictured on this thread....the only reason I sold it was due to height & manual outriggers.

I would absolutely go back to an ameriquip with the height you speak of and hydraulic riggers...absolutely!! BUT... if its gonna cost over $40,000 you`re wasting production & time!

Most of the competition, biljax, genie, nifty, jlg, Dinolift, tuepen, etc... have lifts with all the candy you are putting into the new lift....some are even self propelled...average new price for any towbehind with these features $32-$38,000 & thats with all the candy!!

Im interested, Ive bragged on the ameriquip line......but price will dictate alot!

LXT.................

Eagle 42

Here are a few shots of my eagle 42 when it was working. Having problems with it now and would appreciate any help someone might provide.

I had one exactly like yours but red in color that i sold this spring. Very handy lift, just didnt like that it wouldnt boom out.

Back