• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy An Extra Day For Each Week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, being semi retired I have quite a few days I'll let you have. No charge. I've done the seven day a week thing and it's great not to have to do it any more. Hang in there, you'll have your turn.

If you need a place to hide out I know some good ones. We have some ground where you can go for a couple of weeks without cell phone reception, wi-fi, or having to see or listen to another solitary living person. The loudest noise you'll hear is the raccoons fighting over the fish scraps from the trout you caught the night before 100 feet from your camp.

Dang Bob......that sounds like heaven.

[QUOTE="Gologit, post: 4840146, member: 6589]The loudest noise you'll hear is the raccoons fighting over the fish scraps from the trout you caught the night before 100 feet from your camp.[/QUOTE]

To me their isn't much a more pleasureable act than snnapping their necks and throwing them on the bank. Love me some trout fishing.

Randy, being semi retired I have quite a few days I'll let you have. No charge. I've done the seven day a week thing and it's great not to have to do it any more. Hang in there, you'll have your turn.

If you need a place to hide out I know some good ones. We have some ground where you can go for a couple of weeks without cell phone reception, wi-fi, or having to see or listen to another solitary living person. The loudest noise you'll hear is the raccoons fighting over the fish scraps from the trout you caught the night before 100 feet from your camp.

This is #1 on my vacation list. If you can call me, email me, find me it's not a vacation. Calderwood Lake on the NC/TN state line fits the bill nicely.

Shea

This is #1 on my vacation list. If you can call me, email me, find me it's not a vacation. Calderwood Lake on the NC/TN state line fits the bill nicely.

Shea

Yup, we live our lives surrounded and overwhelmed by little electronic devices that demand our attention. It's nice to just put them away for awhile.

I remember when my Grandfather finally put a telephone in his house back in the early 50s. He didn't like it. He said "Now I have a damn bell in my house that just anybody can ring whenever they want to."

I understand how he felt.

You need to find the right line between work /hobby its tough. Work on Cessna's all my life just got layoffed its sucks its all I know. 48 looking for a new job sucks. rant over. can you do anything to a 036? hope all of you well

I guess we have been meant to work our butts off ever since Adam and that Eve chick first messed everything up. Work is hard, but when you sit around and do nothing there's no satisfaction either. I don't think I have the guts to be self employed. I work hard, but don't really feel appreciated where I work, considering I've been there 21 years, but I work 7am to 3pm, Monday through Friday, and would hate to lose 4 weeks vacation. When I go home, I don't have to take my job and all it's problems with me. It's all about trade offs and priorities I guess. You try to be content and thankful for what you have, but being human, that doesn't always happen.

why not live where you like to vacation that's me smack dab in the middle of the forest lovin it.I've been self employed since 97 decided 2 years ago to move where I like to vacation at best move I ever made I feel like I'am on a vacation everyday.

Back