An open letter to a cheap skate on craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Masters

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The following is an open letter to the following ad I found on Craigslist

https://poconos.craigslist.org/lbg/d/sciota-chain-saw-tree-take-down/7076822343.html

Dear cheap-ass *****,

Tree climbers make $200-$500/hr. Your ad would have been funny if I didn’t know how dangerous the work is or how much training, how much experience, how much expensive gear and how much skill the work requires.

Don’t be an *******, raise your pay.

Sincerely,

Local Arborist

P.S. Did you know that, statistically speaking, tree work is the most dangerous job in America?

That’s right; more tree workers get killed every year than cops, fireman, soldiers, roofers, ice road truckers, or any of those assholes who get thrown overboard fishing for your stupid king crab legs.

Think about it!

Does he need an insured climber? If it hits his house can you grab the money and go? Is he paying for saw, chain and fuel for your truck and equipment? What is he smoking?

The following is an open letter to the following ad I found on Craigslist

https://poconos.craigslist.org/lbg/d/sciota-chain-saw-tree-take-down/7076822343.html

Dear cheap-ass *****,

Tree climbers make $200-$500/hr. Your ad would have been funny if I didn’t know how dangerous the work is or how much training, how much experience, how much expensive gear and how much skill the work requires.

Don’t be an *******, raise your pay.

Sincerely,

Local Arborist

P.S. Did you know that, statistically speaking, tree work is the most dangerous job in America?

That’s right; more tree workers get killed every year than cops, fireman, soldiers, roofers, ice road truckers, or any of those assholes who get thrown overboard fishing for your stupid king crab legs.

Think about it!

Where do climbers make $200-500/hr. I need to move. We pay our climbers $25-35/hr.

Where do climbers make $200-500/hr. I need to move. We pay our climbers $25-35/hr.

Market drives the cost period. I have had many jobs exceed a $100 an hour. Being in the right place at the right time has something to do with it. Last November ''19'' I was charging $500 for firewood delivery fees while getting 500 plus calls from November to to January. Guess what middle of January turned unseasonably warm. Not many calls in six weeks. I have gone to a dozen peoples homes to find people from CL think that I can bring equipment to bring down their tree(s) for $200. Thanks

I used to message all the people with black walnut logs. Their ad would say something like "Nice log, my friend says it is vinear grade, $600, can't leave any ruts in the grass."

I would tell them that they didn't need to pay $600, I could haul it off for them $400 cash, but they would have to deal with the ruts left by my Chevy S10, I told them I would be careful and the big mudder tires helped a lot.

I used to message all the people with black walnut logs. Their ad would say something like "Nice log, my friend says it is vinear grade, $600, can't leave any ruts in the grass."

I would tell them that they didn't need to pay $600, I could haul it off for them $400 cash, but they would have to deal with the ruts left by my Chevy S10, I told them I would be careful and the big mudder tires helped a lot.
I'll be on a job and someone will say, "sure that's gonna be okay", "I don't know, but lets give it a shot" , then I piss rev my saw and laugh:laughing:.
Getrdun!

I used to like the ones in the UP that said they had a bunch of Popple logs for sale for $500. I'd call and ask if they could hold them for me till the next holiday, I was coming from MD, and all we had was Oak. I seldom look at CL. The people selling seem to think their stuff is gold plated, and the buyers want it for $1. I did sell my Vermeer 630 on CL. I wanted $1500 for it and posted it at $2000 for some wiggle room. First guy showed up and pointed out every thing wrong with it, then pulled out 15 $100 bills. I said I really didn't want to go that low, but my wife wanted to go out for a good dinner in a few hours, so OK. Even helped him winch it up on his trailer.

Back