And On The Eighth Day, God Sent..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
...... my newly modded 460 to me.

Purdier' 'n a lil' speckled hound pup!!

Many thanks to Huskihl and DefinitiveDave.
Some people asked me for a pic of my cutter filing in another thread. Pic attached.

Attachments

• Cannon Bar.jpg
    Cannon Bar.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
  • Chain.jpg
    Chain.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
I will have to get more. The light shining down from God was too bright! LOL!!

If you have not had Kevin do a saw for ya yet you are going to really like the way that saw runs. [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji41]

Mine still surprises me

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Anything special used on that chain to sharpen it or is that by hand with a guide?

Looks really nice

Done by hand, no guide.
As a Tool & Die Maker, I have been filing thngs for over 40 years. Ihave an eye for it.

I do have a cradle that I hold the saw in while it is on the front rack of my ATV, I use that for holding the saw when I file.

I hold the file on a really steep downward angle and acturally cut in to the strap pposite the cutter. Gives it a steep angle and fast chip removal.

Must have been the 7 th and 8 th day, god created the hemi engine on the 8 th day.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1303][emoji41]

Even God makes a mistake once in a while.
Glad he didn't screw up on my saw, or the Chevy Vortec. LOL

Here's a pic of my saw carrier that I use on my ATV. Works great for a cradle for sharpening.
A better pic of my cutters too. Yes, one side was smoked in pic above.

Attachments

• saw1.JPG
    saw1.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • saw2.JPG
    saw2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
God and my older brother were shining down on me when my usgi d3 army cold weather insulated gloves went through the double vee belts on my tractor. The adjustment on the pulley slid in and loosened the belts as my fingers went around the pulley. I looked up in the sky to thank them both. My older brother just passed away. Boy I got help.

God and my older brother were shining down on me when my usgi d3 army cold weather insulated gloves went through the double vee belts on my tractor. The adjustment on the pulley slid in and loosened the belts as my fingers went around the pulley. I looked up in the sky to thank them both. My older brother just passed away. Boy I got help.
So very sorry to hear about your Brother.

Latest posts

Back