ArboristSite.com Sponsors

.....and still not vaccinated

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don’t want to get one for two very simple reasons. #1, I hate getting shots. #2, I talked to a nurse I know and she said she will not get one unless she absolutely has to because there hasn’t been a long enough test period for it. Usually it takes years of testing for something to be deemed safe but this one has what, 1.5, 2 years of testing? I won’t buy a new 500i until they’ve been stress-tested and all the kinks worked out so why in the hell would I put something into my body that hasn’t been stress-tested?
The specific proteins used in this vaccine are new, but the mRNA technology and methodology has been around for years. It's been used for other virus' and in some cancer treatments.

slowp

Tree Freak
Can anybody show me where it is mandatory to get the shots? I only read one item about a worker somewhere being fired for not getting vaccinated. There is no mandate that I know of, but might be for kids, just like it is now, if they want to attend public school.

I remember getting the sugar cube polio vaccination and being disappointed that they only gave me one cube!

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
I know over 100 people who have been covid positive. Almost all were just various ranges of a cold. The worst one was down for a bit and is now back to ~80%, 3 months later.

This is serious, for sure. At the same time, I'm not restricting 90% of my life, for YEARS, until some political hack deigns to allow the serfs to return to some semblance of a normal life, as long as they have received the right inoculations and carry papers stating such, and are willing to present those papers to any goose stepping government lackey who demands them, for a disease that many people have to be told they even have. I've thought it through and I'll accept that risk.

Seriously, this is absolute madness.

Fair enough. Geez, I don't think I even know 100 people. I know 2-3 that have contracted it, and two were 17 year old water polo players who showed no symptoms. Maybe CA's restrictions played a part in that.

I've restricted my activity at least 90% for the past year, but now that I've gotten the shots I'm calling myself "good to go."

I think as commentary, whether you think the virus will kill you or cause horrific side effects is certainly one major component of whether you think you'll get the vaccine. However, if we really want to put the pandemic to bed, we really need a huge portion of the population to get vaccinated. The sooner we can keep the virus from transmitting on a mass scale, the better chance we have to keep it from mutating to something much deadlier.

I still think there's a yuge portion of the population that is scared of needles and that's the reason they say they don't trust it. After questioning several people as to why they don't trust it, I got them to admit as much. I really don't understand the reluctance to get a couple of shots that dissipate so quickly. BTW, I hate needles..

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
Can anybody show me where it is mandatory to get the shots? I only read one item about a worker somewhere being fired for not getting vaccinated. There is no mandate that I know of, but might be for kids, just like it is now, if they want to attend public school.

I remember getting the sugar cube polio vaccination and being disappointed that they only gave me one cube!
There is no mandate I've heard of. Pretty sure its illegal to mandate a vaccine. I know of a Police Department near me that only 4 officers out of 41 chose to get the shot. My SIL is an RN and refuses to get it. A lot of people dont want the experimental shot. Mandating it would be a World War.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
Fair enough. Geez, I don't think I even know 100 people. I know 2-3 that have contracted it, and two were 17 year old water polo players who showed no symptoms. Maybe CA's restrictions played a part in that.

I've restricted my activity at least 90% for the past year, but now that I've gotten the shots I'm calling myself "good to go."

I think as commentary, whether you think the virus will kill you or cause horrific side effects is certainly one major component of whether you think you'll get the vaccine. However, if we really want to put the pandemic to bed, we really need a huge portion of the population to get vaccinated. The sooner we can keep the virus from transmitting on a mass scale, the better chance we have to keep it from mutating to something much deadlier.

I still think there's a yuge portion of the population that is scared of needles and that's the reason they say they don't trust it. After questioning several people as to why they don't trust it, I got them to admit as much. I really don't understand the reluctance to get a couple of shots that dissipate so quickly. BTW, I hate needles..
The reluctance isn't that they are scared of needles, its that the "vaccine" want proven or tested thoroughly. Its not a difficult concept to grasp.

Thinking anyone is going to bully/force others into getting it is a foolish endeavor. I know multiple, and I do mean multiple front line workers from Police, to Fire, to nurses, and doctors who are refusing to get the experimental drug infected into their bodies.

Blue Oaks

ArboristSite Guru
The reluctance isn't that they are scared of needles, its that the "vaccine" want proven or tested thoroughly. Its not a difficult concept to grasp.

Thinking anyone is going to bully/force others into getting it is a foolish endeavor. I know multiple, and I do mean multiple front line workers from Police, to Fire, to nurses, and doctors who are refusing to get the experimental drug infected into their bodies.

Sounds like more than just testing thoroughly when you use the word "infected" to describe the process of your cells developing a simple protein. At this point we have the tens of thousand of people who participated in the studies, plus the millions of people who have now received the vaccines. How much testing are you looking for?

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
Sounds like more than just testing thoroughly when you use the word "infected" to describe the process of your cells developing a simple protein. At this point we have the tens of thousand of people who participated in the studies, plus the millions of people who have now received the vaccines. How much testing are you looking for?
It was supposed to say injected. Autocorrect.

Anyways, many people have received the vaccine, but the long term affects wont be known until, well, the long term.

I'm not saying don't get the vaccine if that's what you personally feel is best or you. I'm saying don't try to force or pressure others into getting it that don't want it.

Del_

Career arborist

The resistance we are seeing to the Covid-19 vaccine is similar to the thinking that lead to the Scopes trial.

Both based on willful ignorance.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
The resistance we are seeing to the Covid-19 vaccine is similar to the thinking that lead to the Scopes trial.

Both being based on willful ignorance.

Lets agree to disagree. Typical strategy you and other libs employ, if the other person disagrees, then call them ignorant or non factual. Why can't people have different opinions? Once everyone who wants the shot has gotten it I sure as **** hope this goes away. Your type wont let it go though. You'll demand everyone get it cause your scared. Let me ask though, if the vaccine is so effective, and you received your dose, why are you at any danger?

Why cant you libs let anything go?

"Once Trump is out of office its healing time!!!"

All you people have done is to continue to bring him into every discussion. More political BS lies. Just like sleepy Joe.

Del_

Career arborist
Lets agree to disagree. Typical strategy you and other libs employ, if the other person disagrees, then call them ignorant or non factual. Why can't people have different opinions? Once everyone who wants the shot has gotten it I sure as **** hope this goes away. Your type wont let it go though. You'll demand everyone get it cause your scared. Let me ask though, if the vaccine is so effective, and you received your dose, why are you at any danger?

Why cant you libs let anything go?

"Once Trump is out of office its healing time!!!"

All you people have done is to continue to bring him into every discussion. More political BS lies. Just like sleepy Joe.

It's called science, good buddy.

Not fear.

And concern for others that are not you.