ArboristSite.com Sponsors

anger

stihl86

stihl86

ArboristSite Guru
Then there's this...
"Studies in personality trait psychology have suggested that individuals' values and attitudes affect the frequency and comfort with which they eat meat.

Those who value power more highly have been found in several studies to eat more meat, while those who prefer self-transcendence values tend to eat less. In particular, studies have found that the personality trait of openness to experience is negatively correlated with meat consumption, and that vegetarians and pesco-vegetarians have more open personalities.

Other research has indicated that meat consumption is correlated with support for hierarchy and inequality values. Those with a social dominance orientation, who more strongly support inequality and hierarchical structures, have been found in some studies to eat more meat; it has been suggested that this is consistent with their preference for having certain groups dominate others (in this case, having humans dominate animals). In addition, research suggests people self-identifying as greater meat eaters have greater right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.Dhont & Hodson (2014) suggested that this subconsciously indicates their acceptance of cultural tradition, and their rejection of nonconformist animal rights movements.[99] Research also suggests that omnivores score higher in dark triad traits (though not at pathological levels) compared to vegetarians, though the correlations are low, as well as limited due to the small number of vegetarians/vegans available and may also largely be an artefact of gender differences in meat consumption (as males score higher in Dark Triad traits and are also more likely to eat meat; controlling for gender tends to reduce correlations to statistically insignificant levels).

Many of these personality characteristics have been shown to relate with moral disengagement in meat consumption. In particular, individuals with higher levels of moral disengagement in meat consumption also tend to show lower levels of general empathy, experience less self-evaluative emotional reactions (i.e. guilt and shame) when considering the impact of meat consumption, endorse group-based discrimination within humans (social dominance orientation), and display power motives of dominance and support of hierarchy of humans over other species (speciesism, human supremacy beliefs). Additionally, they also tend to display higher general propensity to morally disengage, attribute less importance to moral traits in how they view themselves (moral identity), and eat meat more often.

A detailed study of personality characteristics and diet in Americans characterized the self-descriptions of increased meat consumers as "pragmatic" and "business- and action-oriented", after correcting for gender differences.

The idea that "you are what you eat", related to superstitions about sympathetic magic and common in many cultures, may create the perception that eating meat confers animal-like personality attributes.

Personality correlates with both eating and avoiding meat can also vary across cultures. For example, in India, vegetarians, relative to omnivores, value their in-group more and express greater respect for authority. They are more likely to be motivated by concerns about pollution, purity and tradition. This contrasts to the United States, where vegetarians are motivated to avoid eating meat by univeralism and concerns about animal welfare."
Who wrote this? "The Coalition of Vegetable Growers of America"
Just because I like animal blood running down my jowls, doesn't make me less of a human. LOL

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
I know exactly how you feel OP. I was always angry over life's happenings, many of which I had no control over. My main way to deal with it was to lift weights and get out the anger. It wasn't until my wife, daughter, and multiple other people told me that I was always negative that I realized that wasn't the man I wanted to be remembered as. It may sound stupid to some, but it was a wake up call I needed. Being negative is very easy in this day and age, but at the end of the day the ones you care about most are the ones being most effected. I don't want my kids memories of me being that I was always yelling or being a jerk. The guy that cut you off in traffic, or didn't hire you, or did whatever isn't the one losing sleep. Find something you can be positive about like exercise or a new radio station or reading books or fishing, etc. and focus on that. I also try to leave any negativity at work and not bring it home.

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks. The wife takes cbd oil, i tried it and felt nothing.
I think bisecting someone's desk with my loudest, smokiest saw would be therapeutic.

If you have never seen the OLD (1970??) Paul Newman movie “Sometimes a Great Notion”, you HAVE to watch it. It is a Great movie, with an all star cast, and I can think of a particular scene, that you will Really Appreciate

If you can’t find it, PM me, I will let you borrow my copy

Doug

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Maybe cbd's would help. Chomp the f'n head off of a gummy bear! Wishing you the best.

I think that this goes much deeper than chomping the head off a gummy bear.

I’m thinking that this is more in the class of biting the head off a Large Chocolate Easter Bunny, preferably a a SOLID one, not a hollow one

Doug

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
You want to see some anger, I'll show you some anger....

When my credit card statements didn't arrive on time, I let it slide.
When my electric bill arrived two days after the due date, I paid it, with the late fee, and let it slide.

Today, I get an email notification from MYID... and ALERT.
I'm seething with barely containable rage. It's probably a good thing it's Sunday and they are all closed and I can't get them on the phone.

So, I wrote an email instead... a prelude to tomorrow's phone calls.

Subject: You Need To Fix This Immediately
Every time I visit the clinic in *** TN, I am sent a bill for some amount due - even though my health insurance covers the expense 100%.

Every time I receive the bill, I also receive another bill from a collection agency. I have to call my insurance agent, who has to call your accounting office to correct the error. Every single time.

This last time, my insurance agent called to take care of it. He said he would call the collection agency and take care of that also.

Today, I received an ALERT from MYID credit monitoring service, telling me this bill has been reported to them as a non-paid bill.

YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS ISSUE IMMEDIATELY!

This bill has been paid and YOU NEED TO CORRECT YOUR ACCOUNTS, remove this debt from the collection agency account and also remove it from the credit reporting agency.

I want you to know that I will never again be a visitor to Fast Pace. While the doctors, nurses, and office staff in the clinic are very professional, friendly, and good at what they do, YOUR ACCOUNTING/BILLING DEPARTMENT SUCKS - YOU PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF SCREW-UPS and you have pushed away a once faithful customer.

So, there! :mad: :chainsaw::crazy2::dumb2:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
A 45 minute conference call with me, a customer service rep from the ins. company and one with the collection agency.
A postal clerk and two customer service reps.... sounds like the beginning of a bad joke. :oops:

The two of them started fighting and I had to referee. The collection guy actually kept his cool, but the ins. girl lost it big time.
We all finally agreed we needed to get Fast Pace in on the call since they are the ones who screwed up - the bill had been paid - last August.
So the ins. girl calls them up and puts me on hold while we're waiting for them to answer... collections guy hung up.
Fast Pace answers, I explain what happened, she say's, "Hold on while I connect you to KLS" (collections guy!! :angry:)and she hangs up as I'm saying, NO, no no no!
The same guy answers the phone.
Well, by now it's time for me to head back to work.
I told them both to work it out and if I didn't hear back from either of them, I'd call tomorrow and we can do it all over again.
:mad::crazy2:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
I've run into similar issues with some of the doctor offices I visit. I'm on Medicare and have BC/BS as my supplemental insurance. BC/BS picks up 100% of whatever Medicare doesn't.

I've never had a collections agency call me though if something gets mixed up. 99.5% of the time, I can rectify any issues or problems on my own. I've done it enough, that I have a pretty good feel for what needs to be said and done.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've run into similar issues with some of the doctor offices I visit. I'm on Medicare and have BC/BS as my supplemental insurance. BC/BS picks up 100% of whatever Medicare doesn't.

I've never had a collections agency call me though if something gets mixed up. 99.5% of the time, I can rectify any issues or problems on my own. I've done it enough, that I have a pretty good feel for what needs to be said and done.
Maybe I should have you call them tomorrow....

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
You're going to continue being angry until you accept that others, and even you yourself are flawed...and the only one you can enact meaningful change in is yourself.
and you will NEVER change,,as your perfect,,,hahahhhahhahhahhahahaaa