ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

anger

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things.jpg

square1

square1

Addicted to ArboristSite
We can't have nice things because some members can't get past their P&R misgivings in an adult manner. They feel a need to continue trying to settle some imaginary score in threads out in the general forums.

Whinbush

Whinbush

ArboristSite Guru
For lack of a better outlet, my thought is that perhaps personal experiences from people with relative anonymity might provide some personal insight.
More and more I find myself carrying and intrernalizing anger. I don't talk about it with anyone, not friends, not family, no one. I have no interest in anger management discussions, hugging it out, and I certainly have no interest in being stigmatized or judged, so I just keep it to myself. I'm actually known as a very kind and unassuming person, because I am, because I exercise great self-control. But it's always there, just below the surface, and it's a constant struggle. Have never hurt anyone, or committed a crime, but I've broken my share of physical objects. I get it from my father, and grandfather whao died well before I was born. Very kind but a short temper, and a constant anger that I can't do anything constructive with. Today was a bad day, passed up for a promotion at work, so here I am sharing my anger with total strangers on an arborist forum, because that's the extent that I am comfortable discussing it.
I never had a problem with anger until lately, as late as covid, as late as seeing countries being destroyed with social media,
as late as seeing the impact of discrimination in all quarter of life.
I am a Christian, and have tried to find answers in the bible, to no real avail, God knows us from even before we were born,
and he sent his Son to die for our sins, so my sin of anger must surely have been on His mind when he hung there on the cross.
There would be no warnings against being angry if anger was not part our make up.

My view of anger is, that it is a product of what society has become, its so corrupt and openly rewards those who are of no good,
its no wonder people get angry, all we can do is keep clear of circumstances and people that are blind deaf and defiant to
all that is good, your social circle will dwindle but what is left will be worth it, is it not better to have a few friends who are
on the same page, than connect with a society that is self destructing at an alarming rate, why would we want to be a part of that crash,
the human race is on its way out, and those who see it do get angry, its not their doing, and we cant undo it either,
the blind and the deaf will just sail on like nothing is wrong, I know the people I want in my life and those I want to avoid
at all cost, anger is a reaction to an event or events, go to the right events and anger wont be part of it, a whole lot easier said than done.
Keep on keeping on, our true rewards are not in this world, there is only a small number of believers, and that is the clux of the problem.
No one who sees and hears the truth will be happy in this world with what is going on in it, the end times are well and truly under way, it is going
to be difficult for people who only want to do good, having to look at and listen to the utter crap that has become the norm will break anyone who
allows it to affect them, people need to shield themselves and their families from the evil that is in our faces day in day day out, its the only way
to remain civil, control anger and make it to the finish line.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
Anger is nothing more that a character trait that each & every one of us have and displays at times. Some are able to better manage and control it than others. For some, it can be a downfall of the extreme, and change our lives in ways that we never thought possible.

Some have gone to prison because of it, while others have died from it. It is an emotion, nothing more and nothing less. In some, it tends to be more prevalent than others, and can manifest itself at times that would be thought by many as a non-trigger event / incident.

Medications and/or therapy can control it to some degree. But, the underlying cause or reason will always be present. That being the case, those afflicted must be aware and put on notice.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
I never had a problem with anger until lately, as late as covid, as late as seeing countries being destroyed with social media,
as late as seeing the impact of discrimination in all quarter of life.
I am a Christian, and have tried to find answers in the bible, to no real avail, God knows us from even before we were born,
and he sent his Son to die for our sins, so my sin of anger must surely have been on His mind when he hung there on the cross.
There would be no warnings against being angry if anger was not part our make up.

My view of anger is, that it is a product of what society has become, its so corrupt and openly rewards those who are of no good,
its no wonder people get angry, all we can do is keep clear of circumstances and people that are blind deaf and defiant to
all that is good, your social circle will dwindle but what is left will be worth it, is it not better to have a few friends who are
on the same page, than connect with a society that is self destructing at an alarming rate, why would we want to be a part of that crash,
the human race is on its way out, and those who see it do get angry, its not their doing, and we cant undo it either,
the blind and the deaf will just sail on like nothing is wrong, I know the people I want in my life and those I want to avoid
at all cost, anger is a reaction to an event or events, go to the right events and anger wont be part of it, a whole lot easier said than done.
Keep on keeping on, our true rewards are not in this world, there is only a small number of believers, and that is the clux of the problem.
No one who sees and hears the truth will be happy in this world with what is going on in it, the end times are well and truly under way, it is going
to be difficult for people who only want to do good, having to look at and listen to the utter crap that has become the norm will break anyone who
allows it to affect them, people need to shield themselves and their families from the evil that is in our faces day in day day out, its the only way
to remain civil, control anger and make it to the finish line.
I'd be quite angry if I believed in fairys at the bottom of the garden too, thankfully I missed out on that recessive gene & am happy as because of it

MacAttack

MacAttack

I love the smell of 2-stroke
I've spent some time away for the past few weeks, but coming back to this thread, there is one thing I've realized. There's nothing (or extremely few things) that I haven't done or said out of anger that I haven't regretted. I can say however every time I have kept myself from acting on anger, I've looked back and felt glad.
There are better paths to retribution than losing your composure and validating peoples' misconceptions about you.

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
If we're all his creations, then like many of us, he/she/it has a warped sense of humor.
By the way, which god are you referring to, there are so many. The Hindus have 33 alone (33 million if you believe another translation).

MacAttack

MacAttack

Want to share a personal victory. Was using my Graco airless sprayer today in our downstairs exercise room that we just had the drywall done. I wanted to use the airless sprayer to apply a few coats of primer.
Well on the second coat, the gun starter spitting paint when I hit the trigger and when I let off the trigger. Started making a real mess with spatters of paint and ruining the nice smooth surface.
Tried everything and it just kept getting worse, finally I cocked my arm back and was about to endzone-spike that aluminum spray gun into the concrete floor....but I stopped myself. Finished the job as could, took apart the gun and found a lot of gunky paint that was probably keeping the needle from seating closed.
So now I still have a spray gun that I can fix, that's not smashed into pieces.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Want to share a personal victory. Was using my Graco airless sprayer today in our downstairs exercise room that we just had the drywall done. I wanted to use the airless sprayer to apply a few coats of primer.
Well on the second coat, the gun starter spitting paint when I hit the trigger and when I let off the trigger. Started making a real mess with spatters of paint and ruining the nice smooth surface.
Tried everything and it just kept getting worse, finally I cocked my arm back and was about to endzone-spike that aluminum spray gun into the concrete floor....but I stopped myself. Finished the job as could, took apart the gun and found a lot of gunky paint that was probably keeping the needle from seating closed.
So now I still have a spray gun that I can fix, that's not smashed into pieces.
Nicely done!

MacAttack

MacAttack

And thin the paint before use.
Im in the process of learning to paint better, I was using latex primer that I had not thinned at all and was thick as snot. I assumed that was my problem, ran water through the sprayer to clean it out, then tried some ceiling paint that I thinned about 10%, was still getting some spitting, but I think the gun was still gunked up with the primer, and the needle in the gun wasn't sealing.
But at least I didn't break it!

stihl86

stihl86

Addicted to ArboristSite
Im in the process of learning to paint better, I was using latex primer that I had not thinned at all and was thick as snot. I assumed that was my problem, ran water through the sprayer to clean it out, then tried some ceiling paint that I thinned about 10%, was still getting some spitting, but I think the gun was still gunked up with the primer, and the needle in the gun wasn't sealing.
But at least I didn't break it!
Yes that’s a plus.
Try thinning till you hit the sweet spot. Different colors might need different thinning.
And keep a wet sponge handy to keep the tip clean and damp