Another Husky 350 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a pretty low hour 350 Husky. Ran great,cuts great and then the muffler fell out. Notorious bolts loosening. Did some loc-tite and did not help. Have not gotten around to it yet but was going to prick punch the the muffler bolt holes with the bolts in to tighten up on the thread. Now my question is if this does not work,should I get another 350 cylinder or jump to the 346 cylinder. I love the saw just have not had the time to work on it. The 372 is getting a little heavy trimming branches on hedgerows that are no more than 3" in diameter.

Install the bolts with red loctite. Run the saw for a few minutes. Remove the bolts and reinstall with red loctite again. Run the saw for a few minutes and retorque the bolts while it's still hot.

I just used lock washers on my 372 and torqued the screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I messed up the threads on mine after frequent tightening. So I went and bought the next size up threaded rod,tapped it out , used locktite and lock nuts . Never had a issue since. Locktite wouldn’t keep the normal bolts tight, even if I used the permanent green stuff . I believe that studs have way better clamping force due to the whole thing not having “twisting” torque on it just straight out torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get the later style bracket dirt cheap from many sources and cut one ear off to make it like the older 2147/2149/346oe/351 style. It eliminates the resonance that loosens the bolts.
20181121_142821.jpg

Latest posts

Back