Another Stihl 311Y sighting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul,
i see you missed the 025 on e-bay. it is for professional forest and landscaper. lots of power and all. the only saw you will need.
protect yourselves; marty

Tony, 311Y is a number that appears on all recent Stihl saws on compliance label. The joke is that morons on E-bay will ignore the big model number on the top of the saw and list the saw as a model 311Y. We've seen every model of Stihl saw called a 311Y but most of them look like 017's

Marty, I didn't miss is, It just left me speechless! If these people spent a little time looking up the same item they're selling, they could put on an accurate listing even if they know nothing about the saw they're selling.

I noticed the other day while doing routine maintenance on one of my saws the 311Y sticker
and you have to look pretty close to notice this#.
Why dont they see the Large# on top of the saw??
ive also noticed that Stihls on ebay are selling
most of the time for around 100.00 less than new.
For 100.00 i'll go buy a new saw for the warranty.
i just sold a MS290 on ebay for 225.00 plus 25.00
for shipping of course this saw is in great shape.
I purchased it new last august.I replaced this saw with a new 036 Pro but new i purchased it for

I emailed the 311Y in question because i had seen it as well and asked her what the Large #'s on top of the saw were that started with an 0 Example:026
No reply yet.

i saw one at a ace hardware today . the 311y was where the 026 number would have been.wasnt looking for saws so didnt pay much attention ,except to note that i wasnt familar with the saw.
also the new coke idea didnt make it ,so somebody tell stihl there is no disgrace in going back to its old number system. it was part of stihls pesonna. its unique,and immediately says stihl saw. i think that change is a mistake .

That is pretty stupid..

They also should know to write the auction heading "311Y Chain Saw" then set the buy it now for $20.00 hahaha:D

I'd be watching for those auctions real close:p

I emailed one person and tried to explain to the man about the 311Y,received a not so nice reply from him.They told me I had no idea what I was talking about and that it was marked 311 on the saw.
I really like it when they tell you that this saw cuts fine and they have the chain on backwards in the pictures.
I just bought this old 272 parts saw,with the buy it now option.Take a close look at the chain.
This will be my fist try for pictures on here.If it doesnt work just copy and paste this link.
http://www.sunlink.net/~dozerdan/272.jpg

Later
Dan

okay fellas its like 60 miles to the ace store where i saw the saw w
311y on the top metal plate where 026 stihl or what ever it is would be. little far to go back an be sure . so ill just have to wait until i visit dads grave their next month. il pay close attention
this time as all i was buying was some straw for seed on the grave this time. later now

Flatfiler, I have many personalities, but only sedanman knows how to type, who is kartman2? Maybe one of my "multiples" knows him. Seriously, I pretend to be no one, I am Paul Archer a.k.a. sedanman.

sedanman

kartman2 is selling the saw with the sticker you posted, on ebay.

I was just being nosey..... NHF FLATFILER

Flatfiler, I took that picture off an E-bay auction, probably the one by Kartman2. I don't have a digital camera so I "borrow" images when I can. I am Known as Sedanman67 on E-bay. Here's the sedan in question:

ms is short for motor sagan, german for chainsaw. Stihl has always numbered other items like this- BR short for blaasteracht, the german word for blower, ect. Be careful on e-bay folks. Idiots often sell junk.

I'll let you know in a few days what the 311Y in question is Yup i bought it I'm hoping its a 026 and they gave me a 5 day Return,Dunno

Back