Another Stihl 311Y sighting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did anyone else see the pro 023 on e-bay? it is a pro saw depicked by the 0 in front of 23.LOL. does anyone really believe the lies people say just to sell there stuff? or is the seller just a jerk?

Needs only a Clutch a Bar and a Chain Maybe It burned them up because its runs those extra 1500 Rpms.

in their class the 023 is a real good saw. i use them in the stock saw competitions and they do very well. i have tested a lot of other saws in their class and i dare say the 023 is top of the class but this guys claims must be something i am missing.
i guess the people that make a living running saws and testing proformance of saws have differant expectations than people that sell them.
what would this guy have to say about a 372xp or an 066 mag?
protect yourselves; marty

I'd say the seller probably knows he has a mid-performance level saw in the 40-49cc class, and he knows that many chain saw fans know exactly what an 023 is and will or will not do.

I'd say he is also misrepresenting his saw to the other folks who don't know what they're buying, and hoping that whoever bids it up during the last 10 minutes doesn't know any better anyway. Heck, the saw probably has a non-fumctioning oiler and weak compression, too.

I've bought a few things on e-bay that burned me, etc. Maybe I'm just cynical

O MAN!!!!!!!!! the 311Y Got here today!
Its a 026 According To the Serial it was Manufactured 2001 , the Bar Has no paint even missing has the original Anti kick chain that doesnt even look like its been Sharpened.The saw has not 1 Scratch on it! First pull on the starter Rope and it Fired ! I'd Have to say for 150.00 I got a Deal!!!!!!:D

Way to bid!!!!I added that auction to my watch list just to see what it went for.They did add to the item description that it was a 026.I'am surprised it didn't go for more!
Congratulations on a great winning bid:)on one fine saw:D
Rick

:D I just noticed that that 026 had been added after i read your post no one else
probably noticed either. He probably Dulled out the chain and put it up for auction the chain other than the teeth Looked New the teeth however went thru Mr oregon 3 times to get them sharp looks like he tried to cut thru a Brick !
Im suprised it started thats the worst stale smelling gas ive ever ran across.had to run it a few minutes to get fresh gas thru it .Went to the wood pile <In the rain> and sawed up a couple of logs runs great!:blob2:

Back