Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not getting any love from the Wright.
ca6538efe1735471901a37ff21550bfb.jpg

The ketchup bottle saves filling/emptying the fuel tank and I can pressure feed the carb with a squeeze.

Carb has new diaphragms & gaskets.

Anyone have a source for a set of Welch plugs?

It apparently needs more cleaning.[emoji848]

Best Paint For Restoration? I want to give my old Skil 1631/PM 340 a facelift, and wondered what was the most durable paint? In rattle cans is there one paint that's better than the rest? Also, Rustoleum, Krylon and Valspar have a farm and implement line, is this tougher and more chip and scratch resistant? Thanks!

Best Paint For Restoration? I want to give my old Skil 1631/PM 340 a facelift, and wondered what was the most durable paint? In rattle cans is there one paint that's better than the rest? Also, Rustoleum, Krylon and Valspar have a farm and implement line, is this tougher and more chip and scratch resistant? Thanks!

I’ve used several of the hardware store rattle can paints and Valspar was by far the best. The others softened and bubbled if exposed to gasoline.[emoji37]

Tractor and implement my rosey red arse![emoji35]

I can no longer find Valspar around River City. [emoji22]

1ea8865618b9c638fd46929e78b2c378.jpg

I’ve used several of the hardware store rattle can paints and Valspar was by far the best. The others softened and bubbled if exposed to gasoline.[emoji37]

Tractor and implement my rosey red arse![emoji35]

I can no longer find Valspar around River City. [emoji22]

1ea8865618b9c638fd46929e78b2c378.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, beautiful job on the JD! I've since read that some folks have had good results with the rattle can industrial lines followed by a clear coat to protect from gas. I hope mine comes out half as nice.

Not getting any love from the Wright.
ca6538efe1735471901a37ff21550bfb.jpg

The ketchup bottle saves filling/emptying the fuel tank and I can pressure feed the carb with a squeeze.

Carb has new diaphragms & gaskets.

Anyone have a source for a set of Welch plugs?

It apparently needs more cleaning.[emoji848]
Having the same problem with a Homelite XP1020...
Need to find myself a ketchup bottle.

I came across a lonely Mac 15 so I had to bring it home.

Found a new carb diaphragm and it actually runs really well. Just need an air filter and the right fuel cap if anyone has any spares floating around.

IMG_0661.JPG

I came across a lonely Mac 15 so I had to bring it home.

Found a new carb diaphragm and it actually runs really well. Just need an air filter and the right fuel cap if anyone has any spares floating around.

View attachment 623327

Skinner ribbon element air filter.

I’ve seen tuna cans repurposed for a ‘cover’.

look/ask in mac thread. I have 2 15s here. gonna try make one good one. have what ya need if ya don't mind waitin. looks like ya need clutch cap, too. cant help there.

I'm in no hurry, just shoot me a message when you get to it. I have a Strunk to go through first anyways.

Finished up with this one yesterday. Needs an air filter and air filter cover though for it to be complete. Turned out all right I think.

View attachment 624320

View attachment 624321

The air filter is just like the one that Moepower needs, so if anyone has an extra.... I'd really appreciate it.

Nice looking job on that David Bradley! Funny how all the spark plug covers have the top half hacked off. Only seen a handful that weren't.

My dad picked up a David Bradley gear drive saw. He said it has no compression. I am guessing there is no hope for finding piston rings or a piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back