Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Allis Chalmers collection since I finally got the last missing piece last week.

From what I am told, there is only one other collection known that has all 7 AC saws.

They are all in excellent shape and all run like they are suppose to, all but the little 65 which will run as soon as the new points come in for it.

View attachment 630822
Very very nice Mark and thanks for showing them ,where I'm from you never see any saws, all sagebrush around. Great looking set of cool saws that most of us didn't know that they were made. Thanks

Will you list the saws name, size and cc
OK, the model 85 blade saw is the same as a Poulan 100 and is 3.6ci, the 195 is a Poulan 306A at 3.6ci, the 295 is a Poulan 306SA and is 3.6ci.

The model 95 is a Poulan 361 and is 3.6ci, the model 75 is a Poulan 25d at 2.1ci, the 75A is a Poulan 25da at 2.1ci and the model 65 is a Poulan 20 at 1.9ci

This wright won't run again, due to the seals being totally shot. They are a funny size that I couldn't cross at the time. The blade cylinder was also scuffed up really bad. Kind of a weird design once you get one apart. Had an opportunity to buy another one in David Bradley colors last year, but passed on it. Big motor tho, something like 115ccs.

20170304_151313.jpg

20170304_151336.jpg

This wright won't run again, due to the seals being totally shot. They are a funny size that I couldn't cross at the time. The blade cylinder was also scuffed up really bad. Kind of a weird design once you get one apart. Had an opportunity to buy another one in David Bradley colors last year, but passed on it. Big motor tho, something like 115ccs.

View attachment 631061

View attachment 631062

I believe those used seals like the big 70 series chainsaws did, and they are indeed thin single lip seals. Dichtomatik seals listed the sizes we needed for the Wright C70 saws.

I believe those used seals like the big 70 series chainsaws did, and they are indeed thin single lip seals. Dichtomatik seals listed the sizes we needed for the Wright C70 saws.

I don't doubt that someone makes seals that fit, I just couldn't find them at the time. It had some serious scuffing on the blade cylinder. Seems like such a weird design to power the blade. And seal where the blade arm comes out the top of the cylinder wasn't exactly a tight fit anymore... Also considering how large a displacement it is it just didn't seem to have much compression. If I get bored one day I will hit you up for the seal numbers and see if I can't make it run.

I don't doubt that someone makes seals that fit, I just couldn't find them at the time. It had some serious scuffing on the blade cylinder. Seems like such a weird design to power the blade. And seal where the blade arm comes out the top of the cylinder wasn't exactly a tight fit anymore... Also considering how large a displacement it is it just didn't seem to have much compression. If I get bored one day I will hit you up for the seal numbers and see if I can't make it run.
You can get the seals from Parrish Implement. They have a large inventory of Wright saw parts.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Neighbor gave me a decent looking albeit missing paint Skilshop 1716 Type 1.
Mechanically good shape but needed some TLC.
Cleaned the years of sawdust and oil then repaired starter. Someone used rope too big for pulley. Changed that and brake cleaned the fibers.....works.
Now checked for spark, excellent. Pulled carb and muffler for a looksee and all is well.
Made a chain tensioner as that was missing. All that remains is a carb kit and tank vent..
A short section of 1/4" fuel line over the 1/8" fuel line makes a fair seal into tank. Better than a grommet lol.
Cute old saw.

Thanks guys! Its a Strunk Speed Demon (duh) 77 cc's of speed (yea right). I actually haven't put any fuel in it since I finished it up but it ran before I "fixed" it !

I have way more money in the paint & decals than in the original purchase price of the saw. Took a month of soaking the fuel tank upside down just to get the damn fuel cap off.
The original castings were pretty rough so I gave it a coat of high build primer before color. Its way more than the factory did but so is the clear coat.
Need to clean up that rusty old obsolete goofy pitch chain ? Try WD40 Rust Remover Soak, its about $20 a gallon but the $hits awesome.
Need to clean up a crappy old hard nose bar ? Bench grinder with a wire wheel and a bottle of gun blueing is what I use. You now know all my top secret tricks.

I'm still looking for a cast aluminum spark plug cover as the one on my saw had the top hack-sawed off. Chainsawr had one in stock and no one in the want-ads here seems to have one.

IMG_0562.JPG

Back