Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d17a7cb40fec8bc5d8af66b97f45f1f1.jpg

42d8a49955ab8f4ee738ff8e344fa800.jpg

I found this west bend engine saw, looks to be a Whitehead 120 logger, big sob. What would a good trade value be? Got a fellow coming by to take a look.

d17a7cb40fec8bc5d8af66b97f45f1f1.jpg

42d8a49955ab8f4ee738ff8e344fa800.jpg

I found this west bend engine saw, looks to be a Whitehead 120 logger, big sob. What would a good trade value be? Got a fellow coming by to take a look.
Does it turn over? Id almost take anything for trade if parts are very hard to find. Someone out there may end up resurrecting it. And if they do id give it away if i could run it sometime after its complete and running

Does it turn over? Id almost take anything for trade if parts are very hard to find. Someone out there may end up resurrecting it. And if they do id give it away if i could run it sometime after its complete and running
It turns over very smooth but is low on compression.

Antique chain question:
I have a new chipper chain here. All it says is 59 on the drivers and 30 on the rakers. Looks to be 7/16" pitch. There's no make stamped in the cutters. Could it be PM? Looks to be 90 DL
John

View attachment 409293 This old thing is toooo much fun! From getting out of the scrap yard to cutting today we are skipping around with CHAINSAWS!View attachment 409289 Does anyone know how old it is ???

I think 57-59? I've got one, too. Do you know what model? Should be on the left side of tank. A decal sort of thing. Might not be on it though. Gasoline usually wiped them out.
Check Acres site. Shows a lot of Clinton's.
On another note, I've got an XL12 cylinder for you. Do you need the piston, too? I've got to take the saw apart, so might be a few days. (It's not in She who must be Obeyed's production schedule) :dizzy: Looks to be good, will know better when it's apart.
PM me your address and when I get it apart I'll ship it to you.

I think 57-59? I've got one, too. Do you know what model? Should be on the left side of tank. A decal sort of thing. Might not be on it though. Gasoline usually wiped them out.
Check Acres site. Shows a lot of Clinton's.
On another note, I've got an XL12 cylinder for you. Do you need the piston, too? I've got to take the saw apart, so might be a few days. (It's not in She who must be Obeyed's production schedule) :dizzy: Looks to be good, will know better when it's apart.
PM me your address and when I get it apart I'll ship it to you.
Thanks for the info, I will look for the model. I shot you a PM, and I agree follow her production schedule. I am in no big hurry.

Back