Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loose fit of the parts. Still need to wait for decals to come and final clear coat before final assembly. It's looking awesome though!

6936261567fc3dfb7fe25a39fba7be5c.jpg

Looks great, that muffler looks like it needs be modded though! ;)

I have newer in my life worn ear mufflers while operating any of my saws - does that answer Your question?

The sound of a well tuned chain saw under load is like a drug to me, i don't want to consume it "diluted". :chainsaw:

I was actually inquiring You should open it up more as it looks "very" constricting the way it is! :p

I have newer in my life worn ear mufflers while operating any of my saws - does that answer Your question?

The sound of a well tuned chain saw under load is like a drug to me, i don't want to consume it "diluted". :chainsaw:

I was actually inquiring You should open it up more as it looks "very" constricting the way it is! :p
You obviously have never been within earshot of member AWOL's Mac kart saw. The exhaust note is truly painful.

You obviously have never been within earshot of member AWOL's Mac kart saw. The exhaust note is truly painful.
Never been to any kind of GTG, lest to the US - that been said, no I never heard AWOL's Mac kart saw.

But if I had the chance to attend to one I'd bring some bananas along and shove them down the mufflers of painfully loud saws and send the owners a bill for banana porting their saws! :happybanana:

Or I'd bring ear plugs along.
They are easier to bring along then bananas and don't go bad either. ;)

There truly is "too loud", but my saws don't fall into that category yet so I enjoy them and their songs! :chainsaw:

P.S.: A/My Dolmar PS-7900 running without a muffler in a closed room is WAY TO LOUD! :dizzy:
I did that once and have no intention to try that again. :eek:

I haven't started this one yet but, when my dad handed it to me, he said "Make sure you start it with the chain off for the first time because it's going to scare the crap out of you when you hear it." [emoji1]

I don't think of even call that a muffler. It's more like an extension tube of the exhaust port who's only purpose it to keep your fingers away from the moving piston [emoji1]

Ok, so, I'm new here (thank you, google!) and I have a question about how to fix something!! My husband and I recently bought an old Mac15 saw and the recoil spring is broken. The problem we are having is that we can't figure out how to get the nut off of the casing. We know it's reverse threaded, but maybe we're doing something wrong?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Is the problem that the engine is turning over so the nut won't loosen? If so then you need to put something soft between the piston and head to stop it from going up all the way while you remove the nut. A "piston stop" tool will work, if your plug hole is is straight on with the piston, or you can use rope. But you have to be careful either way to avoid damage to the piston.

I guess I should have been more specific. It's the starter (pull rope) that we can't get the nut off of. We need to replace the coil spring in there because the rope won't rewind...

Hi Guys
I got a pull starter now for my MObilco Big 10 now but its yellow so eed to know what colour white was used on these saws
So if any one could help me out with a paint code , i would app very much please
Regards Peter

Back