Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Antique tractor thread

Discussion in 'Farming and Gardening Forum' started by fwgsaw, Mar 23, 2017.

1. eric_271

eric_271 Tree Freak

Beautiful work. Excellent attention to detail.
    IMG_2253.JPG
    That's a 2008 with 250 hours I drug home. It burnt down in a barn fire. The guy I bought it from had cleaned it up and put the wrong color back on so I blasted all the panels and like you shot a good epoxy primer followed up with a base coat clear coat.

Getting close to finishing up. Got a parts list a mile long in it. Lol
    IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG

farmer steve, amberg and Sleepy like this.
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Grumpy Old Man

Why do people paint tractors the wrong color? It just kills me to see the wrong color on a Massey. I can't count all the times I've seen these with the old Ferguson Grey where it's supposed to be Flint Grey Metallic or ones like my 253 painted Flint Grey, instead of Charcoal Grey.
    Nice work on your machine btw, it didn't look that good when it was new. That's a good looking backhoe too!

farmer steve and eric_271 like this.
  3. milkman

milkman Addicted to ArboristSite

Ky. between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank.

My brother has an A that he will sell, don't know what shape it's in, but looks good. Looks like about 200 miles due east of you.

farmer steve likes this.
  4. sonny580

sonny580 ArboristSite Operative

The yellow/white cub in the back post is a regular cub, NOT cub cadet! lol!! I have some just like that one! thanks ; sonny580

farmer steve likes this.
  5. Coldiron

Coldiron ArboristSite Operative

I know it's not super old but here's a 1976 white 1370 I picked up this fall. Pretty cool tractor. Somebody did a partial restoration on it, I need to replace the hydraulic pump as it's a bit weak. Got a steal of a deal on it. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

fwgsaw, eric_271, amberg and 2 others like this.
  6. Gord404

Gord404 ArboristSite Member

Need a little more blue on this thread, 55 Fordson major, just did a total rebuild on the engine and put her back to work, that is not my place but just where I bought it. fordson2.JPG

7. amberg

amberg Addicted to ArboristSite

Beautiful picture, I spent many hours on one back in the 60's chopping corn with a 1 row chopper for the bunker.

Note, I notice that the seat is not original.

8. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

Creature comforts :D

9. Gord404

Could have got the original seat but this one is nicer on the butt

10. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice ArboristSite Guru

Went to start it this spring and nothing. Latest survey says coil, so have one on order. Guess Ford made a million 8N tractors. Yupper, that's me on it last year.. Only pic I have image0000001.jpg

locochainsaw and Jakers like this.
  11. Gord404

Nice 8N, that is what I was originally looking for when my major came along at a price I couldn't resist, ran good for a year but one of the sleeves got a hole in it from electrolysis from lack of protective coolant during it's long life so thought while I got it tore down might as well replace all sleeves - pistons etc, Runs great and should be good for a long time .

12. Beetlejuice

I moved to chainsaws, cuz everything on cars, trucks, AND tractors are HEAVY. So now I fix saws and buck logs.. It's only cord wood, but heavy nevertheless.. I zoomed in on my pic.. That looks like the day after the night before..and could be.. Those old motors do last a long time, and rebuild able. Like my old MACs.

13. Huskybill

Huskybill ArboristSite Guru

Farmall cub square nose. I have a ‘52 farmall cub. Three int 154’s and a herd of cub cadets. There’s a bloodline of international equipment in me. The family were farmers.

locochainsaw likes this.
  14. Huskybill

That’s the rear wheel hub on a farmall tractor.

TNTreeHugger likes this.
  15. Beetlejuice

Update,,,, got a coil on line but in the mean time I found one at a farm store here in town.. Had one hanging on a peg, so I blew the dust off and bought it also.. I now have a backup.. And that was the problem.. Started it up and off to work I go.. With the old 8n it's off like a turd of hurdles.

16. Huskybill

I’m fabricating a front end loader and backhoe for one of my int145’s. I have the front subframe and lifting arms about done. I need to fab the rear subframe and the quick hitch for the backhoe.

17. Gord404

I did it again, 1940 Case model D, was running up to a couple of years ago, magnito packed it in, on the rear tire is a replacement one, owner has about 7 other tractors and also runs a large dairy farm, said to me how grateful he was that I bought it to restore and not just get broken down for parts, amazing shape it's in, all there and original, My Fordson Major is being sold to a guy who is starting a small farm so call it empty nest syndrome
    1940 case.JPG 1940 case D.JPG

Jakers likes this.
  18. Gord404

Found out it is not a 1940 , by there serial numbers it's a 1952 D, been going over it before I attempt to start it, might as well fix everything I know will be a problem in the future, all the oil areas have been cleaned and refilled, rad holds water and is in good shape..( drain it later after she runs for a while and add anti-freeze- Gas tank and carb today, and hopefully tomorrow she will be able to be fired up, before letting her start I will turn her over with the starter to make sure I am developing oil pressure, all sound optimistic, - we will deal with whatever if we need to.

19. cbfarmall

cbfarmall Addicted to ArboristSite

20180810_155121.jpg 20180810_155226.jpg 20180810_155136.jpg 1957 Farmall 450 Gas I just redid

Jakers and Ryan'smilling like this.
  20. cbfarmall

cbfarmall Addicted to ArboristSite

What I started with. Engine was lightly stuck, but only took an hour to loosen. Pulled the spark plugs, doused with Kroil, transmission in 5th and rocked with the rear wheel.

Chris B.

20170910_162804.jpg

Ryan'smilling likes this.