• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Any AS members have been exposted to COVID-19.

B Brown

B Brown

ArboristSite Operative
The barber i go to coughed all over the left side of my face 3 almost 4 wks ago. You bet i caught a cold, it hung on for about 3 wks , my wife caught it, and is doing fine now. I feel a lot better than i did 2 wks ago, so does she. I keep my distance from anyone now. They have several cases in a veterans home about 20 miles from here. One guy died, he was 95. The others are all in their early 80's or older, and at this point are still hanging in there. My goal is 90, i'm not going to worry about it, just going to be careful and do my best to stay healthy.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I went looking for a video showing a photography meathead that shows the flow of air to show you how the air moves around and off your body. These air currents can carry biological material such as the flu bug. But what I found is this video about ballistics and the speed of sound. Pretty cool.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks, I do think it's allergy related and or intestinal issues. If I even think about food my stomach starts flipping over. I've felt like this before. I didn't sleep good last night. I'm also a musician and had musical cords and rift's running through my brain all night. Got a few naps in today. Maybe I'm just gettin old and tired. :cry: lol Cry in my beer, right!
Last night when I went to bed I felt warm, almost thought I'd start to sweat but didn't, head felt a little funny and I also feel strange in the intestines just like you do, and OF COURSE I start to think "I hope I don't have this plague" since it is EVERYWHERE on tv and the papers and the Internet and it can make you nuts thinking about it. Took my temperature last night and this morning and both times it was normal or even a bit under, so I have to remind myself that this weather sucks, nothing but rain, the mold is HORRIBLE, the trees and bushes are blooming like crazy so it's easy to not feel good right now. And the more we have to sit around just gives us more time to think and WORRY! But it's easy to do....

I feel badly for people who truly suffer from anxiety and depression, this must be making their lives a living hell right now!

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Last night when I went to bed I felt warm, almost thought I'd start to sweat but didn't, head felt a little funny and I also feel strange in the intestines just like you do, and OF COURSE I start to think "I hope I don't have this plague" since it is EVERYWHERE on tv and the papers and the Internet and it can make you nuts thinking about it. Took my temperature last night and this morning and both times it was normal or even a bit under, so I have to remind myself that this weather sucks, nothing but rain, the mold is HORRIBLE, the trees and bushes are blooming like crazy so it's easy to not feel good right now. And the more we have to sit around just gives us more time to think and WORRY! But it's easy to do....

I feel badly for people who truly suffer from anxiety and depression, this must be making their lives a living hell right now!
And I KNOW that in the back of my mind and others who worked with me is the fact that the receptionist went to get tested the other day for this plague, she had been sick about 10 days ago but her doctor told her it was most likely allergies/weather but the other day they said she was coughing and said she was short of breath so she was out Friday getting tested, great.......:mad: :nofunny:

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had a crown put on a week ago without getting a root canal and I think that is the source of my occational headaches. I've perked up and feel better today. No fever or cough no signs of the flu. Gotta be weather related. I gotta remember it still spring and there is still a lot of pollen floating around. I can see it in my inferred security cameras at night. Looks like fog floating around through the camera. I've always ran about a half degree lower then normal with my body temperature. They are saying that unless you have at least 104* temp that your not sick enough to go to the doctor. Or you have sever shortness of breath. I got none of that. At least I have a big yard to work in by myself so I'm still splittin wood. Gotta get as much done before the summer heat kicks in.

Training Wheels

Training Wheels

Sometimes nothing can beat a real cool hand
I went looking for a video showing a photography meathead that shows the flow of air to show you how the air moves around and off your body. These air currents can carry biological material such as the flu bug. But what I found is this video about ballistics and the speed of sound. Pretty cool.

That was pretty slick how he explained something so simply that took ages for me in Kinematics. Thanks!

Best,

~TW

arathol

arathol

ArboristSite Operative
Just learned last night that my brother in law got a text from his work that someone at his work has it so he was exposed to it, so now him, my sister in law and nephew are quarentined for two weeks and then he has to get tested for it.

Great......
You don't get tested to see if you have it after a couple weeks, especially if you don't have any symptoms. You get tested to see if there are antibodies present that would indicated that you had it.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had a crown put on a week ago without getting a root canal and I think that is the source of my occational headaches. I've perked up and feel better today. No fever or cough no signs of the flu. Gotta be weather related. I gotta remember it still spring and there is still a lot of pollen floating around. I can see it in my inferred security cameras at night. Looks like fog floating around through the camera. I've always ran about a half degree lower then normal with my body temperature. They are saying that unless you have at least 104* temp that your not sick enough to go to the doctor. Or you have sever shortness of breath. I got none of that. At least I have a big yard to work in by myself so I'm still splittin wood. Gotta get as much done before the summer heat kicks in.
I went for a walk a few hours ago just to do something and to try to clear my head and I couldn't stand it, had a strong irritation in my eyes, nose and upper chest, not a shortness of breath but it was just a very irritating sensation that brought me back in again, but it is still drizzling here and the pollen and mold is out in full force. I have no fever, but can really feel it like you did the other day, I can see how people can think they have this plague but the symptoms of this plague, allergies, colds and the flu can overlap, I'm sure the fever would be the telltale indicator if you get this thing....it's a pain in the ass, like being in prison....

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
The barber i go to coughed all over the left side of my face 3 almost 4 wks ago. You bet i caught a cold, it hung on for about 3 wks , my wife caught it, and is doing fine now. I feel a lot better than i did 2 wks ago, so does she. I keep my distance from anyone now. They have several cases in a veterans home about 20 miles from here. One guy died, he was 95. The others are all in their early 80's or older, and at this point are still hanging in there. My goal is 90, i'm not going to worry about it, just going to be careful and do my best to stay healthy.
That barber needs some serious corrective therapy that would make a Chinese re-education camp seem like a holiday.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
For folks that have been feeling slightly under the weather, exposure to carbon monoxide levels at 38ppm for 8 hours can lead to mild flu like symptoms. The symptoms should/will clear up when you are removed from the exposure and return when you become exposed again. Air out the home, all of it when possible. 38ppm is easy to accumulate In a well sealed house.. Some people are much more sensitive than others and may take much longer to recover.

Sewer gas, petro combustion, organic matter decay, even mold can produce carbon monoxide. Low levels of sewer gas may go undetected by folks who have been exposed overtime. Check all the traps, keep them full of fresh water.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
For folks that have been feeling slightly under the weather, exposure to carbon monoxide levels at 38ppm for 8 hours can lead to mild flu like symptoms. The symptoms should/will clear up when you are removed from the exposure and return when you become exposed again. Air out the home, all of it when possible. 38ppm is easy to accumulate In a well sealed house.. Some people are much more sensitive than others and may take much longer to recover.

Sewer gas, petro combustion, organic matter decay, even mold can produce carbon monoxide. Low levels of sewer gas may go undetected by folks who have been exposed overtime. Check all the traps, keep them full of fresh water.

There are many things that have similar symptoms that over lap and with this new virus going around it's hard not to fall into that trap.

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Now today was my first day as being an unemployed "bum" lol so I figured I'd clean stuff out from upstairs in the detached garage, we have lived here for 31 years and there is stuff up there from the previous owners that they didn't take nor did we ever clean out so I figured that I have the time now so I was doing that, going up and down the rickety pull down ladder and I started to sweat and it was tough to get a good breath but it was because I was so clogged up in the nose, I noticed that I was breathing through my mouth and of course that little voice in my head started to wonder if this was the plague or not, but I kept on working, pushed myself and after awhile I could breath and felt much better so I am assuming this has to be allergies and this weather which sucks as it is raining again today, but I can see how these things overlap and can easily make you think the worst! I remember in the past feeling like that when shoveling snow except for the sweating part and also other times riding the exercise bike, and I talked to my doctor about it years ago and he said it must just be what I said above because I checked out fine and he said "shoveling snow is probably the toughest stress test you can give yourself", and last night I rode the exercise bike for 17 minutes and was just fine.

Seems to be worse in the mornings and that makes sense as the pollen count is higher in the mornings. Very strange stuff.......and if we didn't have this plague there would be no doubt in my mind that it was allergy/weather but this thing has us half nuts!