Any chance my trees have value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123trees

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have about 10-12 mature trees that I want to remove from my 1.1 acre mostly wooded lot. I have included pictures of most of them, and I have listed below the types of tree and diameter at about 4’.

Almost all of the trees would be easy to access (close to driveway). However, some of them might be complicated to take down due to proximity to our house or our neighbors house.

Is there any chance that they have any value, and I could get a logger to take them? I’m guessing the answer is no because there are too few and because of the hassle involved with taking down trees close to houses. But I figured it was worth looking into… since they will cost a crazy amount to remove.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and thanks for any and all insight. I am located in Southeastern CT, if that matters.

Tree Species Diameter
Oak 16.9
Poplar 21.0
Hickory 13.1
Two maples 16.9
Cherry 14.0
Maple 16.2
Poplar 21.6
Poplar 9.2
Poplar 21.0
Poplar 19.4
Poplar 9.5

Attachments

• Poplar.png
    Poplar.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Cherry.png
    Cherry.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Hickory.png
    Hickory.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Maple.png
    Maple.png
    228 KB · Views: 41
  • Maples.png
    Maples.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Oak.png
    Oak.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Oak2.png
    Oak2.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Poplar stand.png
    Poplar stand.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 39
Operating a tree service is not cheap or easy work without risk. A person needing firewood may remove it and the risk becomes yours. :popcorn2:

You have firewood. CT has no low grade or pulp market worth speaking of. The cost of removal will outweigh the cost of value. Your poplars are not worth anything and the rest have mediocre form and are on the small side of saw logs.

Latest posts

Back