any idea where i can get this chain.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
got a 650evl echo. 3/8 with 20inch bar. im looking for narrow kerf 3/8 that will run on 3/8 rollomatic bar.got to be 20 inch 72dl.
ive had excellent results with this chain and think it will make this saw really speed up... at present with lg its a good cutter but im seeing that narrow kerf might really make this saw a performer.
if somebody can make it. just let me know the cost and u got it... in some reasonable price range of course.
i expect to pay exstra for custom chain...
if it does what i think it will ,,,ill have another keeper and will order at least 2 more chains... thanks for any help...tm

please post if u have an answer to where i can buy this. but guess what.
i just took an lg chain and narrowed the side plate by half. sho do look like a full chisel narrow kerf chain to me.
of course the proof is whether it drops through wood like the 95vp.
this echo is typical of their saws good dependable and an average performer.
the powers there so im gonna see if i can get some real speed [for me] out of it. we ll see sat.

Oregon once had a 76 series chain that had smaller cutters than the 72/73 series, but I don't think there is anything like than any more; wish there was. It worked good on 50cc class saws.

I don't know why you could not run regular chain on a 65cc saw.

You might find a bar to run .325 on it.

yep to both u fellas..
i got a dealer that carries 91 vs [i think,or90. whatever. i can t remember rite now]
on the roll . thats what ill try ,i think ..
hes made me 16inch loops before.
or yes i can go with a 325 setup.
in fact thats what i would of done if id thot it thru i guess. that would probably have used the 64 ccs better.
but i already got a 17 dollar 3/8 sprocket now.
well i know me, and ill end up piddling, until im satisfied i have it the best i can get it.
husky, the old 036 bar and real sharp 72dl chain, is on it now. truthfully it cuts rite fine. but i think i can get better than just fine out of it.
like i said i just milled the cutter side plate, on the 72dl ,3/8 .50,, dn to half width. i looked at my other narrow kerf chain and that appears to be where the cut some width on their factory chain .on top of that ,i havnt opened this exhaust up yet,and i guess it aint fair to compare it to my other saws as all but the 036,are opened up.heck when my 372,from dan gets here ,thatll raise the bar even more. poor saw,its shame it[the 650evl] fell in to the hands of an power addict like me. mabe ill just leave it alone when the 372 gets here. :D thanks for the input.

Hey Tony, I don't know about the 650 but the previous generation of Echos had exhausts you could throw a cat through. If the muffler isn't fairly restrictive I doubt that you will gain much by opening it. I got a John Deere 80EV from a customer last month. (Made by Echo= to the Echo model 750EVL).The saw is built like a tank-solid,overbuilt, with some neat features. It is also a bit heavier and slower than newer saws of comparable displacement. It came with the original manual which gives operating RPM as 6500-7500.Your saw is from the series after it and may be a bit quicker. It also came with a loop of Oregon 76 chain. (the stuff that was being discussed as smaller tooth 3/8-frankly I didn't notice- but it is a third used up):)

u rite stumper. its just a big hole ,but u cant see the piston. they call it piston ported. huh where have i heard that before. in any case i finally went with a
new lg chain. shes got all i could hope for now. really cuts well.but ill probably sell it after i get my 372,as it out cuts it by a good bit,if memory serves me well.
i just enjoy working attum until they are doing riteand the echo is ..
i just have a hard time passing up a good quality older, saw at that price. mabe its because im gettin old myself.. later now.

i have 76-77 and78 lg and sg chain. lg is pro, sg is safty, both squair tooth round filled.

715-286-2741 ask for scott

Latest posts

Back