Any marketing steps to prep the business for Spring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This past year has been a real eye opening issue. Prices doubled from two years ago. I am determined to make changes or quit. From October 2019 to January 2020 I received more than 500 calls asking for wood delivery. With the snow and roads closed it was more than difficult to make deliveries. Thanks

Was asking OP. Sorry...not sure about marketing firewood. But, yeah, I see how weather probably dictates your work flow. Could you send postcards to regular clients who haven't ordered. Maybe sell then not quite dry wood now for next year at a discount? Keeps some cash flow and moves inventory???

Ath very good point and yes I have done that at least some. In the past I made about 200 calls every year in spring and summer. I got burnt too many times with buyers not paying or waiting until fall to pay. This year I am trying to look at other options that might make sense. I have a budget set up to work for some of the summer with no income. I typically have about one client a week who wants a delivery, but with discounts. When we have snow on the ground people do not mind paying 2 3 or $400 extra, but no one knows when that is. I am trying to process all available information to make some sensible conclusions. Thanks

Latest posts

Back