Any one builds Huztl / Farmertec 372's?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok now that I was able to confirm my account... I had acquired a dead 372..busted crank so I decided going for huztl crank. But as I was thinking about it, just testing a hutzl crank in a oem case isnt fair.. so I ordered one of the 33 dollar cases. I think I'll try using as many hutzl pieces as possible that are reliable. I'll stick to oem on the intake boot probably chain adjuster and hardware. As I receive the parts I'll do some videos and talks and upload them to YouTube.

Has anybody built a full one of these, yet? I started to take the $110 gamble, but shipping is like $93, so it's like a $200 saw, and you can find actual ones that maybe need a piston, for around there.

Mike

Has anybody built a full one of these, yet? I started to take the $110 gamble, but shipping is like $93, so it's like a $200 saw, and you can find actual ones that maybe need a piston, for around there.

Mike
I purchased one from Huztl in September. I started to assemble it last week but didn't get too far before I noticed ALL the fasteners were missing. The case halves were also corroded. I'm sure they would still work but they do not look very good. I have not received a response from Huztl on these issue. Apparently they are on holiday now.

Attachments

• 20161004_192002.jpg
    20161004_192002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 20161004_192035.jpg
    20161004_192035.jpg
    969.3 KB · Views: 125
I purchased one from Huztl in September. I started to assemble it last week but didn't get too far before I noticed ALL the fasteners were missing. The case halves were also corroded. I'm sure they would still work but they do not look very good. I have not received a response from Huztl on these issue. Apparently they are on holiday now.
Huztl finally responded. The are sending the fasteners and are offering a whole 10 USD for the corroded case halves. 10 bucks!

Any progress as I am looking at possibly doing this build as well.

Any progress as I am looking at possibly doing this build as well.
I did finish the build. I installed a big bore kit on it. I did get the $10 refund. The corrosion was cosmetic and did not create any other issues. I had issues adjusting the coil to get close enough to the flywheel. I tried the coil from my Husqvarna 575 and it worked fine. They sent me a new one but it also would not work. I ended up filing the middle pickup on the coil and slightly modifying the a the part on the case where the coil bolted up.
I've run a few tanks through it now and it runs fine. I now have an OEM 365 special but I have not had a chance to run it in wood to compare to the Huztl kit. It's not as strong as my Huztl 660s but I think it is pretty close to me OEM Stihl 440. I think the MS660 kits are better quality.

Typically I just use a .010" "brass" leaf feeler gage to set the clearance. Slide it in between the coil and flywheel and let the magnet suck it into position...then tighten the screws. I personally have had terrible luck with AM ignitions on 372's.. To the point for this last year I just pitch them out when they are part of a "package" deal... I don't think I have had one yet last a year. It certainly would be cool to see that trend go in the right direction, so I'm really curious on how things work with others. I'm headed back Husqvarna I think. Got my MS660's where I want them and they are a part of the work saw set, when they wear out or break they will vanish from the channel. I think. Of course that won't be in my life time! Got 4 to wear out!

I did finish the build. I installed a big bore kit on it. I did get the $10 refund. The corrosion was cosmetic and did not create any other issues. I had issues adjusting the coil to get close enough to the flywheel. I tried the coil from my Husqvarna 575 and it worked fine. They sent me a new one but it also would not work. I ended up filing the middle pickup on the coil and slightly modifying the a the part on the case where the coil bolted up.
I've run a few tanks through it now and it runs fine. I now have an OEM 365 special but I have not had a chance to run it in wood to compare to the Huztl kit. It's not as strong as my Huztl 660s but I think it is pretty close to me OEM Stihl 440. I think the MS660 kits are better quality.

Hoping you have time to get some video up on this build...:)

Has anyone converted their Huztl 365/372 to HD filter arrangement? Any noticeable advantages?

i got the filter and the top cover for that mod but i need the mount and the bolt to do it--

i suspect you would get better air-filtration at the least---

i got the filter and the top cover for that mod but i need the mount and the bolt to do it--

i suspect you would get better air-filtration at the least---
I know, it's been a while, but can you or someone else tell me where you got the top cover for the hd filter? Farmertec do the hd filter but not the cover, at least as far as I can see.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I know, it's been a while, but can you or someone else tell me where you got the top cover for the hd filter? Farmertec do the hd filter but not the cover, at least as far as I can see.

I'm terrible at progress pictures, but I guess finished is progress. Ordered the kit when it was on sale. Postage was very quick. Will start it up tomorrow.
First time I have built a chainsaw by the fire.
I think farmertec listen, because I have read everything on this site and others regarding this kit and this one had none of the problems others have reported. The cases had no corrosion. All of the required parts were there. The piston and cylinder didn't need any attention at all in fact the cylinder looked much better in the ports and transfers than any genuine cylinder I have pulled to pieces. The plastics look better than my genuine saws, in regard of casting flash and general fit. I'm honestly very impressed, but I guess the proof is in the chips.
da408b67a9542fbd70dbc7006d61ee25.jpg
7b7ae3ad6681ea9ae857323ab5f32bae.jpg

Success. Actually I can't stop grinning. 5 pulls, but it didn't run very well, the opposite to the ms440 kit, which was one pull and ran great then started giving problems, this one just kept getting better. I idled it for a while then put a bar and nice sharp chain on it and put a tank through it on small stuff. Then re tuned the carb the way the husky factory manual says. Then I went out and cut firewood. Green willow nice and gently. But I like this saw, it wants to go and its noticeably better every tank full. It's so smooth and the torque awesome. It clears the chips very well and it just does not feel like a copy. It has me having flash backs to the first brand new saw I ever bought, which was also a husky.
I have a list of small niggles with the 440 that I will work through but I don't have any thing that doesn't impress me with this one. It doesn't even leak...oil or fuel.

Back