Any one ride the pick down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am doubtful that the ISA is gonna put the photo of the current tree in promotional brochure: "Why You Should Hire an ISA Certified Arborist".

Well buzid, I don't have any balls so you can't kick me in them...

FS on a shackle above the ball, that was a TCIA recommended strategy, I find it works quite nicely thank-you, far more secure than being in the hook that has a dodgy snap on it. I'm sure there are some modifications that could be implemented, there always are.
As for the pick, yes I could have cut down a bit further to avoid the lean it took once separated...there was almost no swing when it came off, the crane operator is a genious, he compensated for my not-so-perfect cut.
The other two trees were done without stripping them, just tie, cut and pick, the first one, well you had to be there to see the branching structure and balance...
Suffice to say all three trees done, gone, all but two piles of branches to chip by 3pm...and that included a decent lunch break.

The two crane truck pick...doesn't show the traffic underneath.

Well buzid, I don't have any balls so you can't kick me in them...

FS on a shackle above the ball, that was a TCIA recommended strategy, I find it works quite nicely thank-you, far more secure than being in the hook that has a dodgy snap on it. I'm sure there are some modifications that could be implemented, there always are.
As for the pick, yes I could have cut down a bit further to avoid the lean it took once separated...there was almost no swing when it came off, the crane operator is a genious, he compensated for my not-so-perfect cut.
The other two trees were done without stripping them, just tie, cut and pick, the first one, well you had to be there to see the branching structure and balance...
Suffice to say all three trees done, gone, all but two piles of branches to chip by 3pm...and that included a decent lunch break.

The two crane truck pick...doesn't show the traffic underneath.

would be interesting to see how you put a FS on a shackle above the ball. all i see is two cranes reeved with 4 parts of line. the block prob weighs as much as that chuck thats hanging off it. heaven forbid the op would have to get something out of the way in a hurry.

And there's guys on here that could have done it in half that time.
164518_124012427669059_7139431_n.jpg

Blakes, you could of just used my name, I wouldn't of minded! lol!:msp_tongue:

Blakes, you could of just used my name, I wouldn't of minded! lol!:msp_tongue:

I said "half", not "twice", Devon...must not translate too well to Canadian, eh...metric system and whatnot I suppose... That was two years ago though, I bet with the right CO, i could knock her out in about five hours today.

This has been a great thread. It has helped confirm my suspicions that both women, and even gay men can remove trees with a crane. Just saying. (Sorry)

We don't all have the luxury of taking a ladylike 3 days per oak down here...:msp_razz:

I said "half", not "twice", Devon...must not translate too well to Canadian, eh...metric system and whatnot I suppose... That was two years ago though, I bet with the right CO, i could knock her out in about five hours today.

Oh yeah it's been cold here this week you know! Yeah I know I am no Buzzid or whatever yet, but we can make things happen pretty quick with a crane as well! I have only been using cranes for 3 years but you for sure get faster and faster, and more comfortable each and every time! No doubt about that!:msp_wink:

Man this looks hideous , I mean it looks like someone got hurt , or everyone left for lunch , I mean that's some poor work there , you couldn't even stack the wood along the woods or something
e6ydy5at.jpg

would be interesting to see how you put a FS on a shackle above the ball. all i see is two cranes reeved with 4 parts of line. the block prob weighs as much as that chuck thats hanging off it. heaven forbid the op would have to get something out of the way in a hurry.

Spotted! The two crane truck pic, I didn't use a shackle, can't do it on that setup...just put FS in the hook, zip tied it so it wouldn't flip out iff tension was taken off it, and the hook had a working snap...
When I look back on it, there were several other ways to do it, but I was subbing, and there was morning rush hr traffic, safety margins were indeed very high on that job...probably a bit overkill to be honest.

Look, not all comments and suggestions are applicable to other situations, just sharing what I've done, I'm glad I'm female, I don't get sucked into the testosterone laden ego-centric flame wars...I have nothing to prove, job's done, I'm paid, tata, see you later.

View attachment 275348
And I've yet to see any of you ####s show me something even mildly impressive with a ROPE!! Reg would be the one exception. Just saying. :msp_sneaky:

View attachment 275345View attachment 275346

No crane or bucket. 3 groundies; only one of whom (my lad) could tie knots or run port-a-wrap. No Hobbs or GRCS on job. Son was 14 yrs old at the time - he ran the porty. Other guys were a logger who considers himself a tree guy, and his older buddy who was nice, but couldn't run ropes or a saw. It was the logger's job, and I was just contract climbing on this job.
Dismantled three white oaks in that backyard, and it took me the better part of 3 days to get them on the ground.

Latest posts

Back