Any Quality Reports for Proline® Cylinder Piston Kits?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I found this product when I was looking for a 56mm Cylinder & Piston for my 056 and wanted to see if anyone had experience with them.

https://sawzillaparts.com/proline-cylinder-piston-kit-for-stihl-056-chainsaw-56mm-1115-020-1203/

Proline® Cylinder Piston Kit For Stihl 056 Chainsaw 56MM 1115 020 1203
$129.95
Product Description
Proline® cylinder piston kit 56mm for Stihl 056 chainsaws. Our kits meet or exceed OEM specs. Please match you part with ours for proper fitment; actual pictures shown. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. This kit is NOT made in china

Includes:

• Cylinder
  • Piston
  • Piston rings
  • Circlips
  • Wrist pin
Specs:

• 56mm
Replaces Stihl OEM #

1115 020 1203

If its not msde in china its likely a decent kit. Id give it a try. It sounds like they are proud of it and would stand behind it should you be unhappy with it. One thing i noticed whas the ring keeper on the intake port was off center. I dont think the oem is that way if i remember correctly

Reviving and old thread and hijacking it. I purchased one of their piston and cylinder kits for a 064. Kim quick, opened it up, great quality, really good machining, I did a little bit of deburring with a Dremel and did a gasket delete and ended up with .019 squish. Saw fired up in three pulls and ran great. The issue I had was that I had low compression to begin withand ended up with the same compression after the top end rebuild so my problem was somewhere else in the saw.
I ended up contacting them and the owner of the company called me back and was willing to stand behind his product. Gus offered to send me a complete new kit and give me my money back if it was the piston and cylinder that was the problem (which it wasn’t).
All that being said, I also purchase a good number of parts from Sawzilla, who sells all proline and I have yet to receive a bad part. Coils, lines, filters and such all seem to work out pretty good

Back