Any Stihl promotions coming up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 311 and 391 are both Farm and Ranch saws. I'm looking at the 261 which is a pro saw. Totally different

I'm of the mindset, that no matter which saw one might purchase, with proper use, care / maintenance, and storage, a home-owner saw can last every bit as long as a pro-grade saw will.

I've proven that to myself time and time again. ;)

I'm of the mindset, that no matter which saw one might purchase, with proper use, care / maintenance, and storage, a home-owner saw can last every bit as long as a pro-grade saw will.

I've proven that to myself time and time again. ;)

It’s not the longevity as much as the power to weight of the pro saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not the longevity as much as the power to weight of the pro saw

To me, an extra pound here or there isn't a deal breaker. I don't cut for a living, so if I get a bit tired, down goes the saw and I take a break.

And, I'm not all tied up in how fast a saw will cut. I'm in no hurry, and I'm more interested in going home at the end of the day in one piece vs., shaving off a few minutes during the course of a day.

To me, an extra pound here or there isn't a deal breaker. I don't cut for a living, so if I get a bit tired, down goes the saw and I take a break.

And, I'm not all tied up in how fast a saw will cut. I'm in no hurry, and I'm more interested in going home at the end of the day in one piece vs., shaving off a few minutes during the course of a day.

I don’t cut for a living either but there is days I run a saw all day long . I find myself going for the 261 because of how good it cuts and how little it weighs . A couple pounds all day long adds up at the end . Also a few hundred more at the purchase time is well worth it to me to have these benifits . I guess different strokes for different folks

If you are ready to buy a new saw, the best promotion going is a new credit card. Some cards are offering up to $200.00 cash back on a purchase of $500.00 or more within three months of getting a new card.

I recently purchased a new MS-241 C-M that way. My dealer gave me 10% off the sticker price as well. After all was said and done, my new saw cost me $311.22.

No Stihl promotion is going to do that for you. I do this often. I've saved myself some serious money this way. Also bought my MS-461-R the same way back in Nov. of 2015. I got $250.00 cash back on it, and the dealer took $100.00 off the price as well.

The credit card offers will vary. Do your homework and find the one that best suits your needs. Most also have at least 12 months of 0% interest to pay off the purchase.

Contrary to popular belief, there are some Stihl dealers that will discount their prices. All you have to do is ask for a discount. Some will tell you to take a flying leap. Others will tell you no problem.
Yup, ask

I get at least 8-10% off with cash.

I don’t cut for a living either but there is days I run a saw all day long . I find myself going for the 261 because of how good it cuts and how little it weighs . A couple pounds all day long adds up at the end . Also a few hundred more at the purchase time is well worth it to me to have these benifits . I guess different strokes for different folks

The weight issue, I can kind of get behind.

But, the cutting of cookies and timing it, just doesn't resonate with me. My father's family was a long line of people in the timber industry. None that I know of, we're concerned about how fast a saw would cut a cookie.

They were all about putting in a long and hard day w/o getting injured.

The weight issue, I can kind of get behind.

But, the cutting of cookies and timing it, just doesn't resonate with me. My father's family was a long line of people in the timber industry. None that I know of, we're concerned about how fast a saw would cut a cookie.

They were all about putting in a long and hard day w/o getting injured.

Not getting injured is the main goal . I think the people that tint em and show off cutting cookies do it for more of a hobby but time is money . I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about porting and muff modding my saw . Why not ? It’s more power out of the same package . That means a lighter saw could cut as good as a saw that’s 3-4 pounds heavier . But then chances are reliability might suffer . If I was a “pro” I’d deck it out and run the chance of buying a new saw every couple years

Back