Anybody buying from huztl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have received spare parts recently and bought some more five days ago.
These have left China two days ago and are on their way.

Who knows what the future brings, so just stocking up mostly on MS660 and couple of 162 SE critical spares.

Iam a little fed up with some parts from that particular country, had a new 61 husky chain brake sitting in the shop, the other day someone was looking for one, so I grabbed and pulled on the handle (gently) to release it. Snap.
Ok, if that plastic is brittle in a few years iam not gonna waste any more coin there.

As a homeowner who needs 28 or 36 inch chainsaw only occasionally, I am willing to take the chance if the price difference is $400 vs. $12.85 as it is for example for Stihl MS660 replacement crankshaft assembly!
I have not double checked the dealer price if it actually is $400 but that is what other members here have reported.
The $12.85 aftermarket crankshaft works fine for me if I ever need one!

I understand when someone making their living with a chainsaw will not risk it.

Waiting for a decent sale.Price too high for the kit saws.I will buy a 200 dollar 660 kit though!

Hope that works out - I bought an extra one when they were on sale for few days for under $230 during the holidays.

As a homeowner who needs 28 or 36 inch chainsaw only occasionally, I am willing to take the chance if the price difference is $400 vs. $12.85 as it is for example for Stihl MS660 replacement crankshaft assembly!
I have not double checked the dealer price if it actually is &400 but that is what other members here have reported.
The $12.85 aftermarket crankshaft works fine for me if I ever need one!
I understand someone making their living with a chainsaw will not risk it.
Hard to argue with a 12.85 crank unless it strips off other parts when she goes!

Not holding my breath. I think I saw it for 243.00 two weeks ago.Would probably go HLSupply if I could get it for about 260 with tax incl.

Well it looks like they (HL) are out of stock on most saws, at least the ones I checked!

Hard to argue with a 12.85 crank unless it strips off other parts when she goes!

Like if it has a wobble on the clutch side axle perhaps, besides throwing the clutch around in small circles the chain will be tensioned and released at 10k rpm.
Noting to worry about I guess - according to Farmertec at least; "just try it and it will surely run". Best regards
Lots of ok parts but the critical ones might actually be worth considered OEM or other brands, there are often other alternatives. You cant get much more critical than a crankshaft.

Who is here that does crank truing? Probably a good business venture.Sincerely though, I enjoy the big box of parts to assemble into an actual working saw.Although after replacing critical parts the value starts to drop off rapidly. The assembly of the saws itself seems to be its own form of chainsaw disorder.

Back