Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those tanks remind me of a big mistake me and my brother made as kids. We got bb and pellet guns for christmas one year and took our gi joes we had got from our older cousins and shot them all into pieces.
Boys will be boys. Before the (collectors items) GI Joe's, we'd go to the 5 & Dime store and buy packages of army men, and do the same thing. Let's see, that was like 1951 through 53.:cool:

Back then my lil buddy was sorta collecting BB guns. He had 2 or 3. Trying to find which one suited him the best. I didn't know it at the time, but his parents didn't know he had any guns at all, till one night his folks were visiting my folks for a game of ROOK, and his dad asked me about his son's BB gun; I said which one ? " WHICH ONE ! ???? "... he replied.. Boy; did I let the cat out of the bag. :laughing:

1960's-1970's snowmobiles, 1/16th scale farm toys, Vermont license plates, Chevy pickups, farm tractors, hats.
I'm a hoarder trying to be less of a hoarder, so I am trying to downsize, but I love local history, so I keep any of these items that were family or have a known local history/story.

I'll include a picture of the '51 Chevy I got for free when I was 13, my '87 GMC with 24,000 original miles, my toy collection before the downsize and the '67 Sno Jet that was my grandmothers. She was the doctor here in town for 30 years and purchased this machine for emergency house calls in bad weather. She only used it for one house call, but also rode it for fun too.

1951Chevy_05.JPG

1987GMCK10_08.JPG

ToyCollection_1.JPG

1968SnoJet_02.jpg

Used to buy guitars... Martin acoustics mostly, but at 67, a rock and roll career probably ain't gonna happen, so I'm thinning the herd...
I heard that. I've bought my 25 yr old son, damn nice Fenders, Jacksons, Ibenezes', over the years...he can play the hell out of'em. Bought my share of amps, foot pedals, etc, etc. to compliment. He can play the finest intro to Van Halen's Eruption you ever heard in your life. You'd think Eddie was in front of you. He can flat out jam on several guitars...and I can't hit a damn lick. I need some of them ol' skool, Buck Owens/Roy Clark lick'em and stick'em pasties for the neck...know what I mean?

Sometimes/mostly not sure what constitutes a 'collection', when it's far from stamps or coins or bottles and the like.
I don't tend to look at my accumulated stuff as such but...

Tarantulas, usually keep 50-60 of 'em at any given time. Interesting critters...

Of course I'm a gearhead, so Brit bikes, a few Italian, a couple USA and Swedish, mostly older, a few 'modern'. Various running, rolling and disassembled.
A couple older BMW cars and tons of spares...
Gotta have the obligatory few tractors and a pickup truck or two... Bunch 'o bicycles, modern stuff...

Been trying to keep the guitars and guns down to 'non collection' quantities, only what I will actually play/shoot on a semi regular basis, which still can be a considerable number, lol.
I do make a few exceptions for airguns though...

The list could go on...

I have probably four/five times that amount in Morgans...I've got some very key date coins in absolute uncirculated condition...I need to have then slabbed and graded by NGC. I'll get'em graded eventually one day. Glad to see you're a Morgan man too...post up a pic of your stuff, regardless of whatcha got quantity-wise. It's all good my man. I've always had an affinity for the Morgans. A beautiful coin!!!

bicycles

d8a4a338.jpg

watches
IMG_3021.jpg

I don't formally collect anything. However I do have some accumulations besides chainsaws. Old cork bottles, rifles, vintage vehicles, pennies, tools (lots of tools). And I have 8 trailers but no two are the same.

I have been looking for arrowheads for over 50 years and never found one. Someday I'll stumble across one...

I was just curious to know if anyone has other collections besides chainsaws. I collect antique soda bottles. From embossed to painted label bottles. My best one is a Pepsi cola bottle from about 1890 to 1900 bottled in Forsyth Ga. I have well over 100 painted label bottles from the 30s and 40s from all over the country.

I have a 7up bottle from the 1940's with a large oyster shell inside of it. Found it on the beach after a storm in the Bahamas. I also have a Jet soft drink bottle I found in Georgia. Only one I've ever seen, must not have been too popular.

I have gone through collecting phases during my life. Started out with coins, stamps, baseball cards and Matchbox toys (still have them) and progressed to Studebakers, tractors and chainsaws. Lately the focus has been on tools, mostly in bulk.

I still have cereal box giveaways from the 1960's.

Latest posts

Back