Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was the doctor here in town for 30 years and purchased this machine for emergency house calls in bad weather. She only used it for one house call, but also rode it for fun too.

My great-grandmother would have found that really useful as she was the only midwife in the valley. Unfortunately she was active before snowmobiles were invented so she had to go on foot.

The only thing I collect are books, mostly rare editions from the 60's onwards. Among my gems are a copy of Mao's Little Red Book from 1969, Audubon's Birds Of America (Natural History Museum of London edition), the Shahnameh illustrated by Hamid Rahmanian and the Dumbarton Oaks edition of The Taktika Of Leo VI.

I would like to see a picture of the Jet soda. I'm not sure if I have one like it or not. During the 30s and 40s there were independent soda makers everywhere and they all had there own bottles. Its what makes them so fun and interesting. Here is a pic of the 1900s Pepsi and my cannonball. I dug them both on the same site.0414160523.jpg 0414160521a.jpg

ammo
&
Limited release whiskey/bourbon. Nothing to expensive though. more for fun than an investment. Talk about building self control. I LOVE whiskey and it is very hard for me to see unopened bottles on my shelf. When i first started trying to collect them i ended up drinking them instead. It was a stupid move as they are expensive and hard to find now. Got some of them replaced now but still saving up $$ for the others to be replaced. most of the time i try to buy 2 so i can drink one of them but thats hard to do when they are expensive. the last 2 i got i could only get on of each :(......its KILLING me to not taste them:dumb2:

Knives, and especially miniature metal Israeli Military vehicles that fit in the palm of your hand. Here are a pair of Merkava MK-4 tanks that came from Russia. Not available in USA.
View attachment 497987 View attachment 497988

My oldest son is a Captain in armored so he gets to play with the real ones :D

I had a nice collection of about 45 American railroad grade pocket watches some years back but sold them all . The workmanship is stunning .

I picked these up awhile ago at a local pawn shop to display in the mancave/chainsaw room. Notice the chainsaw guns in two of them and her big bazookas in the third one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
I picked these up awhile ago at a local pawn shop to display in the mancave/chainsaw room. Notice the chainsaw guns in two of them and her big bazookas in the third one.

If I had some of the toys I destroyed as a child I could probably buy a few pro saws with the money from selling them. GIJoe the real American hero!

Back